• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

mackembhoy

International Regular
Not playing till 7 is dumb as **** yeah
Yep will never understand when it's as sunny as it is. But then we'll go off for bad light on other days well before 6.

Also the not starting at 10:30 to make up lost overs but the WTC Final started that time every day.

loterry1994

International Debutant
These 2 look good another 45 minutes to an hour of this tommorow they could be over 200. And they are looking to score quicker and get quick singles and twos not like the trash uzzy was throwing out earlier

mackembhoy

International Regular
Wood pace is down
In past few years he's managed to maintain his pace throughout the test. But then he's came off more match practice in those tests.

Where he's coming in here off one or two IPL games I think.

He's also got a new number at the end of the 3 of his age and a he also got a new elbow injury to go with his usual injuries.

Gob

International Coach
****ing diabolical batting from Marnus and Smith

Australia's only chance is that the rest of this game will be played under grey skies

loterry1994

International Debutant
Cannot fathom that WinViz prediction at all
it’s definitely close to 50 50. Don’t care what the commentators say about recent chases here. England have looked horrible their last two batting innings then stokes comes out of no where and adds like 70-100 in quick succession. Anything over 250 and game is truly on

Kenneth Viljoen

International Regular
In past few years he's managed to maintain his pace throughout the test. But then he's came off more match practice in those tests.

Where he's coming in here off one or two IPL games I think.

He's also got a new number at the end of the 3 of his age and a he also got a new elbow injury to go with his usual injuries.
Burgey would say the change in Mark Wood is due to
Patience ,Experience and Discipline

CartyDurham

International Captain
He has been tbf. Where he's stood out from all the other fast men england have tried.

Archer,Stone and J Overton all capable of 90 but non kept it going into second and third spells
C Overton has just blasted out Hales for a duck in the t20

plenty of pace

Gob

International Coach
Aus are still favourites to win the game.
It looks pretty close and mind you if the roles were reversed, I'd be massively backing Englad

Its just that Stokes and the tail just seem difficult to dislodge and the top order ought to come good at some point. Plus the pitch is pretty good for batting

CartyDurham

International Captain
When England bat again, I do hope they allow balls that are two foot wide of the stumps and chest high just go

that may help in them being able to stay in and accumulate a few

I do also believe in Santa Claus and miracles

Spark

Global Moderator
What would you make it?
60-40 England. There really isn't much batting after these two on current form and we didn't get enough when the conditions suited this evening. Weather is the big wildcard though, England could run down 330 in bright sunshine or they could be all out for 60 under lights and rainclouds.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think its feasible to say that England have their noses in front just based on the scorecard. But based on how the series has gone so far, which is far better context, I still think Aus are slightly ahead. It may well change with a good burst first up tomm morning from the England bowlers but Aus also know if they manage to blunt that burst out, they probably have the whole day for the taking, given England have only 3 fully fit bowlers and one of them is 36 or something and the other is Wood.

Gob

International Coach
60-40 England. There really isn't much batting after these two on current form and we didn't get enough when the conditions suited this evening. Weather is the big wildcard though, England could run down 330 in bright sunshine or they could be all out for 60 under lights and rainclouds.
Yeah scoring rate is really low for the conditions. I don't mind losing 3 if they were going around 3.5 in the last session. Honestly giving away those 2 wickets to Ali is criminal