• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

Michelle Fivefer

U19 Cricketer
Just looking at scorecard. I note that the much-maligned Crawley was 2nd highest scorer after Stokes’s 80. Only 33 mind. But is England’s 4th highest scorer in these Ashes with ave 30.40. We do expect more from him though.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Just looking at scorecard. I note that the much-maligned Crawley was 2nd highest scorer after Stokes’s 80. Only 33 mind. But is England’s 4th highest scorer in these Ashes with ave 30.40. We do expect more from him though.
That average is above his standard previously

he is never going to be dropped Crawley but if bairstow blows chances in this innings then scores nothing , it really needs to be sorted and Foakes has to play

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think even here he wasn't that slow to react, it's just that England score so fast that any mistakes at all can hurt.
It’s the continued use of ridiculous tactics that never fkn work that does our head in

A few of us made the point that winning at Lords would serve as justification for doing it again and so it has proven to be

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Broad must be wondering what he has to do to put his feet up for more than a couple of sessions. His batsmen have done him no favours. At least he’s got something with some pace in it to work with

Son Of Coco

If I had turned the TV off an hour ago like I planned to, we would have got ourselves a 100 run lead. I guess Australia is lucky I eventually turned it off 2 mins before that last wicket.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
I get the feeling with only 3 bowlers left (plus Moeen) they are going to bowl Wood into the ground here until he breaks down again. Guy hasn't played any red ball cricket for yonks is barely fit and and is bowling at the speed of light. Um yeah...

social

And that’s the problem with him

An average of 30 as an opener simply isn’t good enough

Foakes has a better batting record and his world class keeping is not enough to make up for his alleged batting weakness