• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

CartyDurham

International Captain
Easy to become really negative and hateful. Oz have bowled well - obviously a couple of the dismissals are poor. But if we catch Marsh yesterday then we probably have a lead now and that's cost us time and again this series.

We've gone away from what made the last 12 months a success IMO. I know some people think it proves it was all a myth, but I don't see a side playing like they were last summer, in terms of approach.
Agreed but they need to also be flexible

to continually say that Crawley may play a winning in innings , sometime, don’t know when don’t know where (breaking into song) is just not acceptable

then to continually get out to the most obvious ploy since the Romans fed Christian’s to the lions is not acceptable

to call foakes up there with the best wicket keeper in the world to then dispense with his services is not acceptable

bairstow is dropping chances and not scoring runs , it’s simply not good enough to continue in the same vein

the Aussies though they are bowling well, it’s not been at all difficult for them to do so

we are gift wrapping each test in this series and it’s all over in the next day and a half

woodleigh

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
It’s tough, but England just aren’t that good. Bazball is not for them, it’s not new, has been played successfully in the southern hemisphere for decades by South Africa, India and Australia and is all Mcullum could come with on his job application to get a coaching job.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I'd love a feature on Smith in the 4th test of 2019.

Stokes' innings was great and all, but pretty sure it's been highlighted on every lunchbreak of each test so far (at least feels like). Ultimately a 'moral' victory as well given Aus retained the ashes.
Tbf it's the only thing that stopped England from losing 5 Ashes series on the bounce, so it's pretty significant in that sense.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Easy to become really negative and hateful. Oz have bowled well - obviously a couple of the dismissals are poor. But if we catch Marsh yesterday then we probably have a lead now and that's cost us time and again this series.

We've gone away from what made the last 12 months a success IMO. I know some people think it proves it was all a myth, but I don't see a side playing like they were last summer, in terms of approach.
They said you couldn't succeed trying to score at 5 an over in tests and England showed them they were wrong.

OTOH, it turns out they were right when they said you couldn't play cricket without a wicket keeper and declare for 380 on a 450 pitch.