• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
ICC should make Some Rule on Short Pitch bowling, previous test (2nd) 18 wkts Fall on Short pitch bowling.

Mooen play very well till he played poor shot to throw his wicket.

142/7 i can count Robinson / Stokes stand than MW/ Robinson.

jcas0167

International Debutant
How many wickets to the hook shot now?

Why do these morons think they are peak Viv Richards?
Steve Waugh basically stopped playing the hook shot (much to Ian Chappell's chagrin) and for a period became the number 1 test batsman in the 90's. A boring thing to do but effective.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Easy to become really negative and hateful. Oz have bowled well - obviously a couple of the dismissals are poor. But if we catch Marsh yesterday then we probably have a lead now and that's cost us time and again this series.

We've gone away from what made the last 12 months a success IMO. I know some people think it proves it was all a myth, but I don't see a side playing like they were last summer, in terms of approach.

mackembhoy

International Regular
Easy to become really negative and hateful. Oz have bowled well - obviously a couple of the dismissals are poor. But if we catch Marsh yesterday then we probably have a lead now and that's cost us time and again this series.

We've gone away from what made the last 12 months a success IMO. I know some people think it proves it was all a myth, but I don't see a side playing like they were last summer, in terms of approach.
They've believed their own hype and thought they were changing the very fabric of test match cricket.

We've not done the basics well enough and lost every key moment in the series. Test match cricket wins at the end of the day.

ripper868

International Coach
I'd love a feature on Smith in the 4th test of 2019.

Stokes' innings was great and all, but pretty sure it's been highlighted on every lunchbreak of each test so far (at least feels like). Ultimately a 'moral' victory as well given Aus retained the ashes.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We've gone away from what made the last 12 months a success IMO.
They’re facing better, more experienced bowlers mate, and their own bowlers are being ground t dust through attrition.
Aus haven’t bowled at their best, but they still give you comparatively little next to most other teams and they create a lot of chances. It was always a tall order to bat dismissively against these guys.

jcas0167

International Debutant

One thing that made it a success was having a quality keeper in Foakes who also provided a foil to the more aggressive batsmen.