• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

CartyDurham

International Captain
apart from that first innings the first test where England declared. Yes aus did get smashed at a decent rate but they have found ways to reduce the totals to put them in winning positions
These bowlers are on fire recently you posted though

Cummins and starc yes but the other three is to be seen

Murphy can’t be on fire before he’s bowled a ball

loterry1994

International Debutant
These bowlers are on fire recently you posted though

Cummins and starc yes but the other three is to be seen

Murphy can’t be on fire before he’s bowled a ball
yeah I get what you mean I’m talking about the attacks they’ve picked in general. Yeah they’ve got smashed about but then they’ve come back and picked up a crucial wicket or two later. Happened with Starc, hazlewood the last test. Lyon got crucial wickets the 1st test after going for plenty as well

loterry1994

International Debutant
Also with Khawajas wicket I know that was a pearler by Wood. But his footwork and running has always been an issue. And a big reason why he hasn’t had a longer test career. He rarely ever goes looking for the 2 or 3 when it’s on unless someone really pushes him to do so, and he fishes out quite a bit from his off stump with no foot work.

Compare him to say guys like Warner or Kohli in tests I know they’re out of form now. But they’ve made a test career with running hard between the wicket, putting pressure on the fielder and increasing their strike rates quicker with good running. People can say that’s not as important but it definitely is cause you’re having to work a little bit harder for your runs because your a bit lazier

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why am I reading England's day everywhere? Am I the only one who thinks Australia are firmly in front @ 60 odd for 3. Could easily see them rolled for 170ish.

Gob

International Coach
Why am I reading England's day everywhere? Am I the only one who thinks Australia are firmly in front @ 60 odd for 3. Could easily see them rolled for 170ish.
Probably because Australia threw away a very strong position

But most places have this game on balance

Gob

International Coach
Anyway lot will depend on the conditions. If they stay similar to today, I'm backing Aust to get a lead

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I’d say anything below 150 for 3 is in the balance in most Tests, barring a two figure all out dismissal for the other side. Top order batsmen so a big partnership firmly possible, but lose them and eek.

Set up nicely really. I expect them both to bat all day though.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
All down to Root. If he goes early I reckon England are odds on to make <200.

Watched the highlights and that post tea spell from Wood looked electric. How England have missed him.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Yeah but that literally has zero to do with the point being discussed
It does though as you were talking about fishing and missing the ball

inbetween the negative he scored over 170 runs

I know you only look at one side in the game but I’ll keep reminding you

good night

only opinion