• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

CartyDurham

International Captain
All back on England now to remove the last 5 asap. That innings though truly world class was a quick one that allows England to comeback into the game

91Jmay

International Coach
Only glimmer of hope is Aus have had some awful 5 down collapses thus far this series. Shoot them out for 320ish and it isn't too terrible. It feels way worse than 240/5 though

human

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Well aside from the obvious, that it's dumb, the WTC gives points for each game. So there are no dead rubbers
yeah but there's probably going to be one anyway. and the fact that it's dumb would make it a far more interesting game to watch then a regular draw

CartyDurham

International Captain
Only glimmer of hope is Aus have had some awful 5 down collapses thus far this series. Shoot them out for 320ish and it isn't too terrible. It feels way worse than 240/5 though
In the last test the last 7 Aussies wickets cost 100 in the first innings and 80 odd in the second

we need the 80 odd here and now

human

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Previously on Steve Smith Diary Updates
Cam: “So how did they beat Bodyline?”
Trav: “Aw, I don’t know, I think it was by creating a diplomatic incident or something”
Davey: “Then that’s what we’ll do - Ronnie, get me the Prime Minister’s phone number”
Patty: “Now wait. Nobody, and I mean nobody, is creating a diplomatic incident while I am captain. Are we all clear on that?”
Davey: “Crystal”

Dear Diary,

There has been a diplomatic incident! Davey says that he has nothing to do with it, and it was “that fat ****’s fault for wandering out of his crease when the ball was still alive. Great piece of keeping by Kez, don’t know what all the fuss is about to be honest”. Josh says that he is not sure though, because he saw Davey burying something called ‘Yorkshire Tea’ in the pitch, and Ussie says that he heard Ben’s friend Jonny say “BAIRSTOW SMELL SOMETHING GOOD. BAIRSTOW NEED A STRONG BREW” before he got out. My IPL friend Ben talked to some people in suits after the match and said “Now you shall see, my fellow travellers, the power of BazBall. The heathens resort to methods beyond the scope of what we call the Spirit of the Game in order to achieve their results. Whereas we, the pure ones, still control the true way, the way of the great Baz, who inspired me with his divine power to bring back the miracle of the 135 runs. Praise be, fellow BazBallers, praise be”. None of us in the dressing room knew what Ben meant, even Patty, but Jonny said “BAIRSTOW SAD. BAIRSTOW ANGRY. BAIRSTOW WANT REVENGE”, and we all understood that.

Some men in suits said that what Kez did was “against the Spirit of Cricket”. I do not really know what the Spirit of Cricket is, so I asked Patty, because he knows lots of things. He said that “The Spirit of Cricket is essentially a nebulous concept that reflects the sportsmanship of the players on the ground, and the desire to play in the fairest possible manner. It rewards players who engage with the game in a manner of respect and trust in your teammates, your opposition, and the officiating parties, while punishes those who play in a disappointing manner.” Marnus said that he thinks that the Spirit of Cricket is a ghost, and that is why all those old men were going “BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!” to us when we had tea. That made everyone laugh, even Patty. I hope that we all keep on playing in the Spirit of Cricket, and have lots of fun together playing cricket in England.

Bye!

Socerer 01

International Captain
he is like a r/cricket illicit child
Previously on Steve Smith Diary Updates
Cam: “So how did they beat Bodyline?”
Trav: “Aw, I don’t know, I think it was by creating a diplomatic incident or something”
Davey: “Then that’s what we’ll do - Ronnie, get me the Prime Minister’s phone number”
Patty: “Now wait. Nobody, and I mean nobody, is creating a diplomatic incident while I am captain. Are we all clear on that?”
Davey: “Crystal”

Dear Diary,

There has been a diplomatic incident! Davey says that he has nothing to do with it, and it was “that fat ****’s fault for wandering out of his crease when the ball was still alive. Great piece of keeping by Kez, don’t know what all the fuss is about to be honest”. Josh says that he is not sure though, because he saw Davey burying something called ‘Yorkshire Tea’ in the pitch, and Ussie says that he heard Ben’s friend Jonny say “BAIRSTOW SMELL SOMETHING GOOD. BAIRSTOW NEED A STRONG BREW” before he got out. My IPL friend Ben talked to some people in suits after the match and said “Now you shall see, my fellow travellers, the power of BazBall. The heathens resort to methods beyond the scope of what we call the Spirit of the Game in order to achieve their results. Whereas we, the pure ones, still control the true way, the way of the great Baz, who inspired me with his divine power to bring back the miracle of the 135 runs. Praise be, fellow BazBallers, praise be”. None of us in the dressing room knew what Ben meant, even Patty, but Jonny said “BAIRSTOW SAD. BAIRSTOW ANGRY. BAIRSTOW WANT REVENGE”, and we all understood that.

Some men in suits said that what Kez did was “against the Spirit of Cricket”. I do not really know what the Spirit of Cricket is, so I asked Patty, because he knows lots of things. He said that “The Spirit of Cricket is essentially a nebulous concept that reflects the sportsmanship of the players on the ground, and the desire to play in the fairest possible manner. It rewards players who engage with the game in a manner of respect and trust in your teammates, your opposition, and the officiating parties, while punishes those who play in a disappointing manner.” Marnus said that he thinks that the Spirit of Cricket is a ghost, and that is why all those old men were going “BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!” to us when we had tea. That made everyone laugh, even Patty. I hope that we all keep on playing in the Spirit of Cricket, and have lots of fun together playing cricket in England.

Bye!
hence proved

Qlder

International Debutant
Predict Mitch Marsh to be the first Australian since Richie Benaud in 1958 to get a century and 5 wkts in an innings...heard it here first 😀

91Jmay

International Coach
Marsh is no good and will revert to being no good in short order but it was bordering on an Ashes all timer given the context. It happens, Crawley one of the worst players to ever consistently play test cricket has a 250 against a decent bowling attack albeit on a road.