• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It’s always been a bit of a mystery to me as to why Woakes is so bad away from home when he’s got good pace, control and movement

Mid 30s average, I could understand but 50 odd is really poor with his tools

Spark

Global Moderator
Seriously look at that fly through. You're telling me Cummins et al wouldn't want a crack on this even if it's sunny?

Spark

Global Moderator
Previous record doesn't count as they kept picking him regardless of form just to have that magical allrounder. Last 5 years he's been pretty decent in white ball and FC games
He looks a more confident version of exactly the same batsman to me. Dangerous if you don't pitch it up but he already should have been out to the full ball

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Marsh is 30* after getting dropped and surving an umpires call LBW and everyone starts creaming their pants. FFS Green did exactly this in the first innings of the first test.

Three bad tests and everyone forgets that green averages 55 in the shield, bowls 140+ from 6 foot 8, averaged 36/17 last Ashes and won us multiple tests in Asia with the bat. It's insane.

halba

International 12th Man
ITs going to be hard to Drop Mitch marsh when green returns. He has a good batting technique, strong levers.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
But they’ve really only been properly on top of the game at 1/180 odd at Lords and even then they were chasing 400, and here this morning. There’s been moments when the game has been even or thereabouts and they’ve had a chance to take it away, but they haven’t regularly been like 2/250 all out 290 or something have they?
Edgbaston first innings the declaration and most of the wickets were us getting ourselves out. Second was more of the same and should have been setting a lot more than 280.

If you guys had been 184/1 there's absolutely no way you'd have been all out and trailing by 92.

Spark

Global Moderator
Much prefer a confident Marsh than a timid Green
Sure but mentality is a funny thing, can flip on as little as a single shot. In the end there's a reason his Test and FC record is what it is, though obviously it's improved dramatically now that he understands his game.

I do actually think the best thing they could do for Green is just to go out there and smash it. Don't worry about playing yourself in or anything like that and don't worry if you get out. Just free yourself.