• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

Qlder

International Debutant
Geez Mark Taylor "surprised Smith is in first Ashes Test at Headingly" he hadn't debuted yet in 2009 and 2019 he was concussed. There haven't been any other tests to play

CartyDurham

International Captain
Surely people would rather watch high quality fast bowling and high quality cricket than trying to squeeze the required overs in, whether you paid for your ticket or not. As long as they don’t waste so much time they’re only getting 60 overs in!
I accept this completely but we’ve seen 16.2 overs in an hour and 20 mins

I suppose this is similar to the West Indies back in the day of slow over rates

for £100 I want the full allocation personally

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Jeez, it’s funny I don’t remember Lee being particularly quick in 2005, I guess Dizzy and Kasper’s pedestrian-ness are muddying my memories.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surely people would rather watch high quality fast bowling and high quality cricket than trying to squeeze the required overs in, whether you paid for your ticket or not. As long as they don’t waste so much time they’re only getting 60 overs in!
Yeah I generally am not on the over rates band wagon tbh. When teams routinely bowled 95 or more overs in the standard six hours, you’d have scores of like 5/200 to 240 or so. Give me 80 odd overs of this type of cricket any old day

CartyDurham

International Captain
Jeez, it’s funny I don’t remember Lee being particularly quick in 2005, I guess Dizzy and Kasper’s pedestrian-ness are muddying my memories.
He was quick at the oval as the ball went about twenty rows back off pietersens bat

TheJediBrah

I accept this completely but we’ve seen 16.2 overs in an hour and 20 mins

I suppose this is similar to the West Indies back in the day of slow over rates

for £100 I want the full allocation personally
I'd rather 80 overs of good fast bowling and great cricket than 65 overs of it and 25 overs of crap part-time spin being milked to sweepers for 4.5 an over

Burgey

Haha was waiting for Tubby to bring up Devon Malcolm when talking about quick bowlers.

He was genuinely rapid. no idea where they were going but Fmd he was fast

CartyDurham

International Captain
I'd rather 80 overs of good fast bowling and great cricket than 65 overs of it and 25 overs of crap part-time spin being milked to sweepers for 4.5 an over
Fully accept

imo if the weather is fine they should play onto the 90

it’s when they bowl around 80 and walk off in blazing sunshine annoys me

anyway let’s move on to this game anyway

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Haha I wish I got a screengrab of Tongue looking out the window through the binoculars there

-Oh, look! There's Tongue! Wave to him.
-Maybe we should give more game time to Tongue. He's becoming isolated and weird.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Earlier that year Lee bowled one at 160.8 kph to Craig Cumming in an ODI.

Burgey

A slower ball. Unheard of. This has otherwise been good from the human enigma

Shady Slim

International Coach
others have said this but this is what ingerlund should've done from day one. pitches where they back their bowlers and back their newly expressive confident batsmen to still get off to a flier regardless of the conditions - instead they almost forgot what "bazball" actually really is - it's backing your limited players to play their best game - it's not just durrrrr slog meme cricket - and twice for playing that way they've been rightly punished!

the postman always rings twice