• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is Wood looking like taking wickets? All the text comentrary just tells me how fast he is bowling.
You kind of always look threatening at 90+ mph with a newish ball when it’s flying through and he has beaten the bat quite a few times, but I think if he was bowling closer to Woakes’ length he would look even more threatening

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wood is quicker than Nortje. a few kmh more. Brett Lee, Shoaib, Tait on par with Wood in terms of pace 155kph.
Nortje is a better bowler than Wood overall. Nortje is top 5 bowler on planet right now.

Lee, Shoaib, Tait were not that great in tests, Tait was poor.
Lee, Shoaib and Tait bowled 160

Woodster

International Captain
You kind of always look threatening at 90+ mph with a newish ball when it’s flying through and he has beaten the bat quite a few times, but I think if he was bowling closer to Woakes’ length he would look even more threatening
Yes he looks threatening and haven’t seen Marnus so uncomfortable. However, you’re right mate, he’s a fraction short so it looks good fizzing through to Bairstow but just needs to be a tad fuller to get closer to the edge.

Coronis

International Coach
Wood is quicker than Nortje. a few kmh more. Brett Lee, Shoaib, Tait on par with Wood in terms of pace 155kph.
Nortje is a better bowler than Wood overall. Nortje is top 5 bowler on planet right now.

Jesus christ mate did you even watch Shoaib in tests?

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member

Nortje is not a top 5 bowler in the world.

Shoaib was great in tests.
Bond and Mitch J clearly better than Lee, Tait, Nortje, Wood etc

Carlos

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Brett Lee average 30.8, Shoaib average 25.7 only 178 wickets though so pretty decent I would say. Brett Lee's average is a bit high only a bit lower than say Jacques Kallis so meh