• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
We can still win this. Even with two walking wickets. Stokes will just have to bat harder.

Croadymeister

U19 Cricketer
There does seem a weird element of contrarian stubbornness about this too though. Like, everyone saying x e.g. "Pick Foakes" makes team management go "no **** you we'll do what we want" and do something else.
That's exactly why he isn't being picked

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
As I posted earlier in the thread, even if England get their act together (unlikely) Ashes series in England series almost always have at least one Test impacted by weather. They're virtually zero chance of winning this series.
Eh, the one before last finished 3-2. Every Test last summer had a result. It’s not as nailed on as you might think

halba

International 12th Man
Pitch has been uncovered and is looking pretty green. Grass will probably be cut though. Would generally want to bowl first at Headingley unless it's looking dry as it's historically a great ground to chase on.
Pitch green I saw the photo. That's a bowl first situation. Automatic.

halba

International 12th Man
Crawley 2.0
So they got two walking wickets for test no3.

Eng attack 3rd test(likely). Old boys Anderson and broad rested. Ollie Robinson dropped.

Moeen ali
Chris woakes
Josh tongue
Mark wood.

Last edited:

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Calling Pope a walking wicket is a bit harsh. He's averaging 40+ batting 3 under stokes and made a bucket load of runs vs a very good SA attack with a regular dukes and some very green pitches last summer, he's not just a FTB.

He wasn't great this series, but he also copped two of the four best balls of the series thus far and was batting with an injured shoulder for half of his innings.

Blenkinsop

U19 Vice-Captain
Although I think it's a slightly odd selection given his recent form, I do have some time for Dan Lawrence and I hope he does well if picked. Though I don't know what Sam Hain has to do to get a game.

Qlder

International Debutant
Eng attack 3rd test(likely). Old boys Anderson and broad rested. Ollie Robinson dropped.

Moeen ali
Chris woakes
Josh tongue
Mark wood.
Doubt that Broad is left out as still best bowler and needed to wind up the Aussies.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Although I think it's a slightly odd selection given his recent form, I do have some time for Dan Lawrence and I hope he does well if picked. Though I don't know what Sam Hain has to do to get a game.
I'm liking the idea of root at 3 and hain at 4 with the remainder of the lineup the same, but I doubt that happens. Lawrence is such a wtf decision, would rather Vince than him. Both have sucked at test level, but atleast Vince has a bucket load of county runs recently.

Qlder

International Debutant
Now Pope is ruled out if they don't bring Foakes back in im really going to lose my ****.......its not going to happen is it so I may as well just get started now.
They already said no replacement in the squad for Pope