• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Weather Update

Thurs - Same
Fri - Same
Sat - More widespread showers
Sun - Showers early afternoon
Mon - Showers all day

Looking a bit worse
As I posted earlier in the thread, even if England get their act together (unlikely) Ashes series in England series almost always have at least one Test impacted by weather. They're virtually zero chance of winning this series.

Spark

Global Moderator
I don't even understand what he's trying to say. Is "sledgers" referring to Australians or the MCC or English or... who?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't even understand what he's trying to say. Is "sledgers" referring to Australians or the MCC or English or... who?
Hasn’t been the same since that head knock he copped fielding all those years ago

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pope is ruled out of the rest of the series due to a shoulder dislocation problem
Good on them for selecting him for the Third test ahead of this.

Good on them also for having Dan "And you think Crawley's average is laughable' Lawrence as a solid backup at three.

Spark

Global Moderator
Shows how far things have come since then tbh. For the better, obviously
Yeah for sure. Particularly with the story that's come out today that was on 7.30, it's disturbing to think just how blind and naive people were about concussion not that long ago.

CartyDurham

International Captain
One thing I’ve found strange is the case of Liam Livingstone. He went to Pakistan’s and was talked up , then was injured and that’s seen him totally forgotten this summer

he can bowl spin of both types and is a T20 slogger which obviously fits the template but he’s nowhere to be seen currently

Burgey

I still reckon if they don’t do the smart thing and play Foakes they could do worse than Malan or Vince. I dgaf about their overall records, when they’ve played Aus they’ve at least always looked up for it and had a crack.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Some of our selections all series have been odd - Moeen, leaving out Foakes, Woakes nowhere to be seen, no Dawson, Tongue and now Lawrence.

Some have obviously worked out better than others but they're not afraid to back their judgement and go with a left field pick.

Spikey

Actual disgrace that they let him bat again in that game.
the entire incident was so bad. many bad posts were made here. many bad statements made on commentary. a total failure by the indian team.