• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

ataraxia

International Coach
Can still see a competitive total getting posted; LOY can swing a bat. 130 on the cards here.

re: BQ, I've theorised that triple Economical really makes hay here. They were swinging too much due to the pressure that had been put on them. Also, Winton and especially Teague really aren't that dodgy; it's more that FHK's bowling supreme quality really drags my side's BQs down.

ataraxia

International Coach
Right, wrapped up for 112. Kaiser really making a case for a Nat call-up, scoring 4–23 at BQ 8.1 v his potential manager.

Could be over within the first 10, if Butler fires.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Also, Winton and especially Teague really aren't that dodgy; it's more that FHK's bowling supreme quality really drags my side's BQs down.
I don't think they are dodgy bowlers even (even though finger spinners only deserve to be in the pavilion on flat fast wickets!). Its more a case of how irrelevant the BQ number actually is versus the quality. It does not actually give a good indication from a stumped numbers point of view of the value of the bowler.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
welp, haven't even logged in today yet but seems terrible. Went with our default orders, seems the batting didn't click. Ah well. Strongest team won in the end, congrats @ataraxia. I actually feel ZCC would have had a better chance of taking AXI down but we couldn't make it past the Eliminator.

Decent season overall. CWC9 is going to be dreadful, both FHK and ZCC U21s languishing in Div 3!

ataraxia

International Coach
@ataraxia just trying to flip Wilcox on the TM?
Yeah, it was just a competitive two-click bid that happened to pay off. But his distribution (17–3–17!) was almost interesting enough to play him in the final lol. Can bat and captain, but it's tough to find a place in a lineup that already has a spare bowler, or two. Will offer him a couple of games as he goes just to see how that manic distribution pans out in terms of HRH BQ.
<$10000 in the bank after this weeks finance!
TMO? That's no good. Good that if you happen to trickle into danger territory then Todii rather than Davidson or Levy is first to be auto-booted, I guess.

StephenZA

TMO? That's no good. Good that if you happen to trickle into danger territory then Todii rather than Davidson or Levy is first to be auto-booted, I guess.
Since I tried to sell him Todii has actually been pretty gun... and I don't have an alternative wk! I believe that I get a week to recover? Hopefully between my div 3 winnings and moving into div 2 for T20 and ODI sponsorship goes up another spot to keep my head above water!

StephenZA

TNT roll in the money... no heavy salaries yet, easy to stay up in div 2 for the Asia competition and a bare-bones squad. Never really even have to think about it...

ataraxia

International Coach
Since I tried to sell him Todii has actually been pretty gun... and I don't have an alternative wk! I believe that I get a week to recover? Hopefully between my div 3 winnings and moving into div 2 for T20 and ODI sponsorship goes up another spot to keep my head above water!
So when you bought Aqeel ad-Din for $799,338 I imagine $800,000 was your cap? :p

StephenZA

Also, unexpected win against the Astronauts today @Jarquis. Thanks for the game. Just trying to test where the TMO team is at right now. Lorkin 6 for was impressive.

TMOs bowling is still suspect at the moment with the bowlers not quite fully developed, some question marks on some batsmen. Hoping Lorkin turns into an x-factor player for TMOs. Goal this season for the TMOs it to stay up in div 2 SOD and T20 so that they can become competitive next season.