• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yeah it would, maybe we could finally grow up as a game
I actually want it to happen to an Australian player. Mostly because it'll be interesting to see how the English trying to call Australia cheats for doing this would react.

The funniest scenario would be someone Zampa-ing it, though.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Injured Lyon Has been Ruled out of Reminder of Ashes
====================

Australia offspinner Nathan Lyon has been ruled out of the remainder of Ashes 2023 with a calf injury. The 35-year-old suffered the injury, one he described as a 'decent tear', while fielding on the second day of the Lord's Test. He didn't bowl in the match thereafter but hobbled out to bat and added 15 runs for the final wicket with Mitchell Starc in the second innings. Australia went on to win the Test by 43 runs to go 2-0 up in the series.

Incidentally, this second Test of the series had been Lyon's 100th in a row for Australia. Only five players before him - Alastair Cook, Allan Border, Mark Waugh, ❤Sunil Gavaskar and Brendon McCullum - had managed this feat - a testament to a player's consistency as well as physical conditioning.

In Lyon's absence, Australia are certain to bring in offspiner Todd Murphy into the XI for the Headingley Test that starts on Thursday (July 6). The 22-year-old enjoyed a breakthrough debut tour of India earlier this year, taking 14 wickets from four Tests at an average of 25.21. This included a seven-fer on his debut in Nagpur.

G. S. Kohli

Australia squad for Leeds Test: David Warner, Usman Khawaja, Marcus Harris, Marnus Labuschagne, Steve Smith, Travis Head, Cameron Green, Mitchell Marsh, Alex Carey, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Todd Murphy, Scott Boland, Michael Neser, Jimmy Peirson

G. S. Kohli

I actually want it to happen to an Australian player. Mostly because it'll be interesting to see how the English trying to call Australia cheats for doing this would react.

The funniest scenario would be someone Zampa-ing it, though.
England lable more cheater example oval test india chasing 437 to win we finish 429/8 SMG 221.( english keeper walk to boundary line to field the ball to ruin time so test ends india 8 run short to create history

Also WC final vs Nz eng should share trophy with NZ yet they were declared winner koz they "hit more 4 in super over" NOT SUCH RULE

Additional super over is new rule now if super over also tied.

chris.hinton

International Captain
England lable more cheater example oval test india chasing 437 to win we finish 429/8 SMG 221.( english keeper walk to boundary line to field the ball to ruin time so test ends india 8 run short to create history

Also WC final vs Nz eng should share trophy with NZ yet they were declared winner koz they "hit more 4 in super over" NOT SUCH RULE

Additional super over is new rule now if super over also tied.
I don't remember this.

halba

International 12th Man
Neser in squad. Best Attack based on form should be Neser/Starc/Cummins/Murphy. Give Haze a rest and come back for 4th test depending on form. Starc proven to swing and take wickets so stays. He should have enough break 3 days - didnt play 1st test.
Boland was not impressive enough in 1st test to merit inclusion. He just bowls too short and too straight.
There is also Mitch Marsh. Green could be rested, and the big hitting Mitch Marsh included instead. Green had a high workload in the test and was very ordinary at times

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Baz will get them sorted. Extra 5-6% of England and Australia are toast and they will be crying the words of "Wilting Matilda" on the way home
"Once a jolly bloodnut
Wandered out of his crease
The next thing you know
His whole day had gone wrong

Waltzing Jonny Bairstow
Waltzing Jonny Bairstow
Who'll stump a waltzing
Jonny Bairstow with me?"

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Loyalty is generally something to be admired but it doesn’t always work in sports

Bairstow is not an international class keeper and it’s costing England big time and they need to find places for both he and Foakes

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Think Bairstow keeping affects his batting too; hardly an insightful observation. Take the opportunity of Pope being out to bring Foakes back in. Bairstow to 5, Brook 4, Root 3. I know the squad has already been announced - but it's what I would do.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Think Bairstow keeping affects his batting too; hardly an insightful observation. Take the opportunity of Pope being out to bring Foakes back in. Bairstow to 5, Brook 4, Root 3. I know the squad has already been announced - but it's what I would do.
You can even have Brook bat 3. He seems to enjoy playing fast bowling more than spin anyways.