• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

Spark

Global Moderator
How bad is his knee? If he really couldn't run twos then their chances were never as high as the excitement made out.
That's why the real risk that he would get there in sixes if they kept bowling halfway down over off stump

Socerer 01

International Captain
How bad is his knee? If he really couldn't run twos then their chances were never as high as the excitement made out.
if he doesn’t get it operated on after this series if at all he plays the entire series then he is going to have a very short career and painful post career

halba

International 12th Man
2-0. respectable victory in the end.

edit: just need one more obviously ,but i cant see them getting 60 odd

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will say it again: genuinely not seen a worse top order batsman play for Australia in the field. He's so bad it's appalling. Lets a ton of easy singles his way too because he's not switched on if he's in the ring.
Worse than Marcus Harris?

Burgey

Can't argue with the fight and character your lot have shown in the last two days tbf, this game looked veeery much done after Day 3. But just too many critical errors in the first half of the game and while it's forgotten now, letting an Australian side get to 330/3 on Day 1 under clouds and lights when you've sent them in is absolutely criminal. Far worse in hindsight than the hookathon on Day 2.
M8, Aus look like winning this without their only spinner and most important bowler since day two. England has been terrific this dig but if Aus get up this is a better win than Edgbaston after being sent in on day one here and having by far the worst of the conditions while a bowler down for most of the game:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Has this been the most tame Lords pitch we've seen in a modern ashes? I can't really remember a Lords Ashes test quite so placid.

TheJediBrah

Will say it again: genuinely not seen a worse top order batsman play for Australia in the field. He's so bad it's appalling. Lets a ton of easy singles his way too because he's not switched on if he's in the ring.
If he plays he needs to sit at slip

Spark

Global Moderator
M8, Aus look like winning this without their only spinner and most important bowler since day two. England has been terrific this dog but if Aus get up this is a better win than Edgbaston after being sent in on day one here and having by far the worst of the conditions while a bowler down for most of the game:
Oh it's no comment on Australia. Aside from yesterday this is as good a collective batting performance I've seen for an Aus side in England in ages. Still can't believe what they did first day.

Cricket CoachDB

U19 Debutant
I hope our players are hurting from this defeat.

Root, Pope, Brook, Duckett- all out hooking when we were right on top.

Forget about the Bairstow dismissal etc, that's where we lost this match.

Some matches you lose, some the opposition win - this is very much in the former category for me.
I hope that doesn't get forgotten amidst all the controversies. England need to tweak their approach.

Lefty

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Some disappointing behaviour by the members in the Long room, they know better.

Rules are made to be followed.

Spark

Global Moderator
Has this been the most tame Lords pitch we've seen in a modern ashes? I can't really remember a Lords Ashes test quite so placid.
2015 was a proper, proper road. Smith could have batted until the following year had he not decided to go the slog at the end.

morgieb

Oh it's no comment on Australia. Aside from yesterday this is as good a collective batting performance I've seen for an Aus side in England in ages. Still can't believe what they did first day.
Yeah our batting has largely been unbelievable. And that's despite Marnus basically doing bugger all.

Bowling has been frustrating at times but even here catching + being a bowler down hasn't helped.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's why the real risk that he would get there in sixes if they kept bowling halfway down over off stump
Makes Cummins' captaincy against him even more stupid. And I already thought it was close to the worst captaincy I'd seen.

morgieb

2015 was a proper, proper road. Smith could have batted until the following year had he not decided to go the slog at the end.
Yeah hasn't the average Lords wicket been a bit of a road? Some of them like 05 and 19 have been up and down but those feel like the exception.