• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

mackembhoy

International Debutant
We've done exactly what the Aussies wanted since lunch.

The refusing of singles was moronic cricket.

We've lost every moment when we've been on top.

Congratulations on the Ashes you've been the side that's actually tried to play test match cricket. Our attitude will see us lose 0-5.

Weather the only thing saving a whitewash.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can't argue with the fight and character your lot have shown in the last two days tbf, this game looked veeery much done after Day 3. But just too many critical errors in the first half of the game and while it's forgotten now, letting an Australian side get to 330/3 on Day 1 under clouds and lights when you've sent them in is absolutely criminal. Far worse in hindsight than the hookathon on Day 2.
The bowling just doesn't match the batting, or the captaincy at Stokes' best.

Thankfully Moeen will bring that X-factor back when he returns.

Spark

Global Moderator
They could have actually run a few. There were a lot of twos on offer.
Yeah this was what surprised me. In practice they were actually going at 1.5rpo with the occasional boundary and you just can't sustain that forever. The real risk for Aus was that Stokes tried to win the game before drinks.

EDIT: Though how many twos could Stokes run with that bum knee?

hazsa19

International Regular
Relatively comfortable in the end. Been stacked against Australia in this match with the toss, conditions and Lyons injury and they’ve looked the far superior side.

This is why you can’t afford to piss away a test match like we did at Edgbaston.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Yeah this was what surprised me. In practice they were actually going at 1.5rpo with the occasional boundary and you just can't sustain that forever. The real risk for Aus was that Stokes tried to win the game before drinks.

singles would have been fine as Broad wasn’t batting badly at the other end

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

How bad is his knee? If he really couldn't run twos then their chances were never as high as the excitement made out.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
I hope our players are hurting from this defeat.

Root, Pope, Brook, Duckett- all out hooking when we were right on top.

Forget about the Bairstow dismissal etc, that's where we lost this match.

Some matches you lose, some the opposition win - this is very much in the former category for me.