• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
There's a lot of 'oh but you can do this other thing, it doesn't make sense'. If you don't think the other thing makes sense, talk about changing that. Judge each on their own merits. Catching a ball and sliding along, while pushing the ball into the ground, on merit (to me) is not out. Throwing the ball up the millisecond you catch it, potentially needs changing, too.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wat

Throwing it up when you’re on your feet or running or whatever as a celebration is very different to a dive or slide
No, I'm saying for the exact same catch you could throw it up straight away, before settling on the ground, and it's always out. Whereas if for the exact same catch if you kept hold of it and hit the ground, and eventually the ball touches the ground before you've disposed of it, its not out.

Doesn't make sense because the scenario where you hold on to the catch for longer and are more in control it's not out. SteveNZ and ataraxia get it

Victor Ian

International Coach
Add this to 'crazy opinions of the 2nd Test' along with Glenn 'if that isn't a catch, none in Test history have been' McGrath' and Kevin 'Lyon only batted so he could get hit on the head, be judged concussed and allow Murphy to play' Pietersen.

I call KP the gold medalist of the insane opinion Olympics, G.McGrath silver and Victor Ian an unlucky bronze in a tight race.
You've been done so hard by the English that you now just accept it. You probably think they are the current ODI WC holders.

It's a catch - not by the literal rules, but by the practiced rules. When a stupid rule that is conveniently ignored gets applied in isolation, it should make you angry.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No, I'm saying for the exact same catch you could throw it up straight away, before settling on the ground, and it's always out. Whereas if for the exact same catch if you kept hold of it and hit the ground, and eventually the ball touches the ground before you've disposed of it, its not out.

Doesn't make sense because the scenario where you hold on to the catch for longer and are more in control it's not out. SteveNZ and ataraxia get it
Throw it up in the midst of diving/falling? Then that wouldn't be out

TheJediBrah

Common sense should dictate that if you're in control of the ball it's out. I'd be happy for the immediate disposal before hitting the ground to get called not out, but the controlled catch that incidentally gets pushed against the ground afterward should be out.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Almost hope we don’t win this just to avoid TJB stinking every thread out for a decade to come about this non catch

TheJediBrah

Almost hope we don’t win this just to avoid TJB stinking every thread out for a decade to come about this non catch
I didn't even see this catch. This is just me ranting about something that has annoyed me for over a decade.