• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Maybe I am missing something here but I don’t understand the outrage associated with Ben Hunt wanting out as this has been a common occurrence since Jesus was the halfback for the Bethlehem Saints

Ship him out to wherever & get some compensation as has been done many, many times before

mr_mister

I'm not sure what I'm missing about this Walsh thing (probably nothing and everyone except me is just stupid as usual) but.....he was obviously innocent? Like, he explained what happened and we have the video and that's exactly what happened.
I agree, and don't actually think Walsh would be smart enough to immediately run up to the ref and say he was talking to Patty if he in fact wasn't

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Didn't the ref say he now wasn't sure Walsh was talking to him?

Bad time for the Broncos, him missing just as they begin their traditional late season slide.

Kraken

State Captain
Maybe I am missing something here but I don’t understand the outrage associated with Ben Hunt wanting out as this has been a common occurrence since Jesus was the halfback for the Bethlehem Saints

Ship him out to wherever & get some compensation as has been done many, many times before
I could be wrong, but it’s more along the lines of:

- the timing is extremely suspicious (also don’t be a coward and let it come out whilst you’re in origin camp)
- I find the homesick thing hard to believe, I think it’s more to do with we’re **** and his mate Griffin is gone
- also, if you knew there’s a huge chance he gets the sack, why sign that massive extension?
- if we let him go to the broncos, we would’ve been the biggest joke club in the nrl (if we aren’t already it). It’s about time our Board got a decision right.

By all means, let him go at the end of the season - but make the Titans give up something to get him

_Ed_

Bit damp at Mt Smart tonight - the rain actually looks kinda similar to what it was like when my partner and I took her dad to the Elton John show, which was called off after the whole joint started flooding...

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Big shame because weather that bad basically wrecks the game. Certainly doesn't suit the Warriors style of play, they also lost at home 14-0
to the Roosters in similar conditions. Wahhh

Flem274*

123/5
Bunnies have played the perfect wet weather game. I don't think we can blame the weather either, we have the forwards and the d to be solid. The card broke the game open and Souths haven't looked back.

I'm very tempted to wah about the consistency of that card given their high shot to the face was only a penalty and the six again rule isn't applying to them tonight (or anyone really - ref is letting anything go in the ruck it's ridiculous) but I think Souths would win anyway - they aren't dropping the ball or making stupid errors like gigantic forward passes.

They've been the better team.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Hard to find a parallel to match the performances of Izack Tago in the last couple of weeks. He should be drug tested because he's literally playing out
of his skin. With the bye next week just before Origin 3, followed by the imminent return of Cleary it's hard to see them losing again this season tbh.
Perhaps their next biggest challenge is round 26 against the Eels.

social

Manly beating Penrith 70-7 in 1973 is one of the first rugby league games I can remember & it’s stuck with me all these years because of the ridiculous score line

Now the Tigers get beaten 74-0 by the Cows

Seriously?

Place needs a clean out from top to bottom

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah that's hilarious(unless you're a Tigers fan) but what's even more amazing is that just over a month ago the Tigers dished out a 66-18
hammering. Just a mere 122 point turnaround. It has to be a record.

Burgey

Yeah that's hilarious(unless you're a Tigers fan) but what's even more amazing is that just over a month ago the Tigers dished out a 66-18
hammering. Just a mere 122 point turnaround. It has to be a record.
It’s actually just really sad imo