• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone follow the “NRL images that precede unfortunate events” twitter account? Worth a follow

1688279953047.jpeg

Shady Slim

International Coach
@Shady Slim It's lucky your boys had the home advantage yesterday otherwise things could have turned quite ugly.
i was there man the booing from our fans was a ****ing disgrace
What is that NSW lineup? Jesus Christ it’s dire
social nailed it re the moses selection and the same applies to bradman best
So playing well for one half against the Bulldogs is now the yardstick

Squad should have 150+ members in that case

Kraken

State Captain
i was there man the booing from our fans was a ****ing disgrace

social nailed it re the moses selection and the same applies to bradman best
what’s worse is that isn’t even the worst selection lol how tf does Jacob Saifiti get a gig? Also, I know Gutho is a good player and is playing well, but how are he and Robson on the bench ffs

for me, if Yeo isn’t starting he doesn’t play for me. What else does Leniu have to do to get a gig?

also, if Jack De Belin was from QLD, he would 100% be in their side rn

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ignoring the actual quality of the players picked which has been covered already, the balance is a ****ing joke and the biggest issue with all of Fittler's teams.

Surely the entire point of Gutho is that he can play hooker if there are no injuries and in the backs if there are, nullifying the need to take up an extra bench spot for that (or play Cook at centre :laugh: ). And yet we've picked two hookers anyway. If there are no backline injuries then Gutho just won't play at all (or at least really shouldn't with two hookers and three locks in the side).

We've only picked two props (and one of them is Saifiti), and despite that we've also somehow managed to only pick two second rowers.

We've got three locks, but we'll probably use a hooker at lock for a third of the game anyway.

Shambles.

Lets get #punished here and put a line under the whole sorry era.

(Hi @AVA if you're reading this twice)

• Love
Reactions: AVA

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Saw all those changes and immediately thought Freddie has lost his train of thought. I mean fair enough he had to make changes but to the extent
he has seems way too far fetched. Would be quite funny if they chalked up a big win, but really it's hard to see the Maroons relenting despite the fact
it's a dead rubber. The best thing NSW fans could ask for is another sound loss, and a clean up next year starting with a new coach.

It must really suck to suck, and it must suck even more when you want your team to suck in the hope that they don't continue to suck.

Burgey

Ignoring the actual quality of the players picked which has been covered already, the balance is a ****ing joke and the biggest issue with all of Fittler's teams.

Surely the entire point of Gutho is that he can play hooker if there are no injuries and in the backs if there are, nullifying the need to take up an extra bench spot for that (or play Cook at centre :laugh: ). And yet we've picked two hookers anyway. If there are no backline injuries then Gutho just won't play at all (or at least really shouldn't with two hookers and three locks in the side).

We've only picked two props (and one of them is Saifiti), and despite that we've also somehow managed to only pick two second rowers.

We've got three locks, but we'll probably use a hooker at lock for a third of the game anyway.

Shambles.

Lets get #punished here and put a line under the whole sorry era.

(Hi @AVA if you're reading this twice)
Yeah this pretty much sums it up for me. TBH Moses and Gutho are both in good form, and once they went with Moses game two, he wasn't going to go back to Hynes for this one because it would be too big a backdown. Gutho's an ok pick because he can genuinely cover every back line spot if needed, but as you said why then pick two hookers anyway and only two props? Terrible. Honestly, Fittler I think is the worst Origin coach in history.

Burgey

Also, with Reg, Moses and Gutho at Origin and Brown having teabagged his way to a suspension, it's a very good week for the Warriors to be meeting Parra.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Business time of the season now which means some teams are going to get walloped. Always interesting to see how sides respond to a caning.
For the Bulldogs and Tigers it all feels too late, and that the end of the season can't come quickly enough for them.
Occasionally though an embarrassing drubbing can be a perfect recipe for redemption.
Since allowing the Tigers to slip 66 points on them just over a month ago, the Cowboys have responded in incredible fashion.
After a narrow loss to the Eels, they have 45 burgered the Storm, beaten the Panthers, thrashed Souths by 25, before finally completely turning the
tables on the Tigers with something more than just a little revenge. Huge effort Todd Payten and the Cowboys because losing to the Tigers the way
they did could of just been curtains, instead a top 8 spot is now in their hands.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Has anyone heard whether Johnson traveled with the Warriors? His missus is due to give birth apparently
He's on the team sheet so that's looking good. Huge game tonight with the winner every chance of pushing for a top 4 spot.
It's going to take a big effort from Parra to get over the top of the Warriors because missing your 4 biggest guns is always somewhat deflating.

Burgey

Yeah if Parra can win this game they may well kick onto something decent given the blokes out. Warriors very warm favourites though