• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

mustardcharlie

School Boy/Girl Captain
I was listening to the radio (and Michael Vaughan in particular) when Crawley was dismissed yesterday. He said how he’d given it away like he always does and that he skipped down the pitch so early it was easy for Lyon to spot and throw it a bit straighter. I agree Crawley seems to always throw it away when he looks in such good touch, hence his average being so underwhelming, but I don’t think he went down the pitch too soon at all. Maybe Lyon was intuitive and sensed Crawley was about to come down or maybe it was a touch straighter than intended. Either way, the only mistake Crawley made (and it is a crucial one) was not getting enough of anything on it, bat, pad, helmet, anything!
Some time ago when I was at school and learning cricket my dad said to me "Use yer feet ter spinner lad. Jus mek sure yer get summat on it" 5 of Lyons 9 wicks are/were stumped by miles.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah it's been a high-quality session, Anderson's drop aside. Big change from this morning and last night.

Spark

Global Moderator
These are ****ing valuable overs and runs these fellas are soaking up. Been vital this test so far.
Yeah been textbook opening batting in tricky conditions in this game, which is not something you could've said very often about these two in England

Lefty

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
its a good cause. unlike that social media dickhead a year or so ago
It is a good cause but they should protest peacefully and not disrupt events. I believe they damage their cause be being disruptive.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I mean using a helicopter is also pretty daft when your name is Just Stop Oil and your whole schtick is weird stunts. People here know that I'm a climate hawk and even I think this lot are dickheads.
its like not buying from amazon because you hate capitalism

i.e. a bit stupid

halba

International 12th Man
Both bowling attacks are bowling 🥧,s

This has been an abject bowling display this ashes so far. No one has truly been consistent and impressed, most of the bowlers are too old, too slow or coming back to fitness

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bit of a hot take but I think England have bowled way better than Australia so far this series, even if they've had the better of the conditions. Just lost it so far with their batting.
They completely wasted the bowling conditions on day one, and then compounded that by almost completely wasting the batting conditions yesterday (they finished that job off this morning).

In the first test I thought they bowled pretty tight in our first innings though.

Lefty

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
thats not a way to make headlines and satisfy the gods of clickbait
The Australian states have passed laws imposing heavy fines on protesters who block major roads and bridges etc. Too many protesters have been making nuisances of themselves.