• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bit of a hot take but I think England have bowled way better than Australia so far this series, even if they've had the better of the conditions. Just lost it so far with their batting.

Uppercut

Bit of a hot take but I think England have bowled way better than Australia so far this series, even if they've had the better of the conditions. Just lost it so far with their batting.
Yeah the England fielding has cost them badly too.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Before today I would 100% agree with you. But I think Australia were very disciplined today, while being undermanned. They'll have to do it again, so it's going to be real test, regardless of whatever lead they come in with.

Gob

International Coach
That make a massive difference tbh. Australia had to resort to **** tactics because they bowled in ideal batting conditions

Burgey

So 500 run target ? Would England be brave enough to chase that
I think they will just be very careful given they’re without a front line spinner. They’ll want to grind the england bowlers into the ground if they can. If the wicket is still good enough for them to be batting on it tomorrow afternoon/ evening then it’s probably good enough for England to bat comfortably on too

Spark

Global Moderator
I think they will just be very careful given they’re without a front line spinner. They’ll want to grind the england bowlers into the ground if they can. If the wicket is still good enough for them to be batting on it tomorrow afternoon/ evening then it’s probably good enough for England to bat comfortably on too
Yeah just bat and bat and bat here.

Spark

Global Moderator
Wtf is Pope still doing out there? He's a liability and he's only going to make things worse for himself.

Shri

Mr. Glass
pope galaxy brain. already dinged his shoulder. now stepping on the ball to save 4 on purpose. between him and robinson, they might not be able to rub two brain cells together

Burgey

Why is Pope on the field when he could put his feet up for another day then (stupidly, frankly) be allowed to bat three anyway? In no way is it his fault, but if you can’t field you shouldn’t be able to bat in the top order. It makes a mockery of the game being called a “test”.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Wtf is Pope still doing out there? He's a liability and he's only going to make things worse for himself.
between him still staying on, Ali bowling despite having an open wound is there an untold pressure in the England team to man up and fight hard even when at risk of injury aggravation because their captain does the same with his knee?

questions to answer