• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Aus 339/5 off 83 overs
Smith 85 not out,(9054*) Green 0,Labu 47,Uzzie 70 ball 17, Davey 66,Head 77 off 73 ball (14 fours) 36 extra( 2 wkts each Root & Tongue.Robinson removed Labu😇)

Steve Smith completed 15,000 international runs today. Of the 41 batters to have done so till date, his average of 49.67 (currently) is bettered only by Virat Kohli (53.44).🫀

Double of 2000 runs and 20 wickets in the Ashes

Warwick Armstrong (2172, 74)
Wally Hammond (2852, 36)
Joe Root (2180, 20)❤

England wicketkeepers with 50 dismissals in the Ashes

101 - Alan Knott
84 - Dick Lilley
78 - Alec Stewart
76 - Godfrey Evans
63 - Matt Prior
50 - Jonny Bairstow❤

Chrish

International Debutant
By all accounts Jimmy is supposed to be a really nice fella, pretty reserved, shy almost and always has time for fans etc.

I think he's just one of those sportsmen who have a completely different persona on and off the pitch.

I think Glenn McGrath is another one like that - a snarly, aggressive so and so on the pitch but apparently a real gent off it.
When he wasn’t in African safari..

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty good start by the Aussies but they need to carry on for the better part of tomorrow to really press home the advantage…

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Pretty good start by the Aussies but they need to carry on for the better part of tomorrow to really press home the advantage…
Not easy for Batsman, Although i am starving to see
Smithy's 32nd Hundred, i may wrong

Or is it Rooty with 31 Ton?

rain also Forcast

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
In terms of where this series is headed today is a day of gigantic importance for England. They have a chance to do well in both departments
and get right back into the game. However another bad day and things could quickly start to spiral out of control. It's not too hard to see that if they
go 2-0 down the wheels could completely fall off. It's D day for the pommies.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In terms of where this series is headed today is a day of gigantic importance for England. They have a chance to do well in both departments
and get right back into the game. However another bad day and things could quickly start to spiral out of control. It's not too hard to see that if they
Some of their bowlers looked like they needed a rest already, so it will be interesting to see how they come back today. I'm obviously hoping they don't regroup and take a couple of quick wickets. If they don't, I'm not sure how they turn it around, especially bowling in our 2nd innings. It may turn out that the BazBall approach to batting grinds down your bowlers, particularly when a couple are north of 35. Given their injuries and Stokes' current output, it places them in a position where they either have to throw in young guys like Tongue and hope for the best, or grind their first choice bowlers into the dirt.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Agreed

I will give them a day & a half to turn things around but if Australia make 450, things could implode very quickly unless they make a very solid reply

For starters, Stokes isn’t anywhere near being fit & there’s no point in playing him if things spiral out of control

halba

International 12th Man
Didn't expect us to be at this score at the end of the day, although it was ultimately disappointing to lose a couple of quick wickets towards the end.

Hopefully we push on in the morning to 450+. Not giving England any free wickets should test their resolve a little.
Blame Green he is complete village proven now. Head got a quickfire 70 odd. Green worse than Shane Watson and the most over rated test cricketer on the planet. He's a test no6 yet not better than Starc or Cummins at batting. Even Roy or Mitch marsh were better all rounders for us.