• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

Qlder

International Debutant
Boss Of Lords
❤🤳🤠😇

Anderson 117 wkts in 52 bowling Innings

117 wkts in 52 innings, that's crap, definitely not the Boss of Lords. They should have dropped him for Woakes

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Still so punishing, even on mute.
Yeah, I had hoped Sky were planning on having rotating commentators for the series, like they did last year, and rotate him out for Butcher (or frankly anyone else) or someone. But no such luck. Dire.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Feels like a vital toss to win but we've got to back it up.

Obviously we need to bowl well but just as importantly take our chances. Could be a big session for YJB.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ah **** Pietersen is on commentary again for this test. ****ing Sky.
Is there some massive cricket watching audience I don't know about who really like Pietersen which is why Sky keeps giving him contracts?

While you could stay the same for quite a few commentators, I've hardly ever seen anyone say they like his commentary and he obviously has little talent for it (and a grating voice). Surely they can get someone cheaper and better. Never seen anyone say they're flicking on the cricket to listen to some famous ex-cricketer commentate.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I am not Starc’s biggest fan but good luck running down the pitch at him or hooking everything

He’s not the corpse of Wagner
He got wacked around at 5's by india on a deck with movement and variable bounce. If he rolls out that crap again england won't need to do any of that to demolish him.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Is there some massive cricket watching audience I don't know about who really like Pietersen which is why Sky keeps giving him contracts?

While you could stay the same for quite a few commentators, I've hardly ever seen anyone say they like his commentary and he obviously has little talent for it (and a grating voice). Surely they can get someone cheaper and better. Never seen anyone say they're flicking on the cricket to listen to some famous ex-cricketer commentate.
He's a big name I guess, and I wouldn't be surprised if he has friends in high places in the media. He has the dickhead personality than appeals to the utter dickheads who run these sorts of organisations.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Hi Carty. I've not seen much of you on here today.

I was worried you'd been banned.
No chance. I’ve not said anything that’s not the truth :D

re the toss , I thought if we won it , they would bowl, a few days ago

hopefully a good morning incoming