• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Could I ask. Whenever an Australian is out, it’s a bad shot and nothing to do with the bowler ?
Nah you can play a bad shot to a good ball, or get induced into playing a bad shot - Green first innings a good example.

I mean tbf all we’ve heard this test is England threw every wicket away all game, as though you can go at five and six an over and not riskgetting out ugly

Spark

Global Moderator
That wide of the crease tactic has gotten Green out a lot in his brief Test career already. Something he needs to work on.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Nah you can play a bad shot to a good ball, or get induced into playing a bad shot - Gren first innings a good example.

I mean tbf all we’ve heard this test is England threw every wicket away all game, as though you can go at five and six an over and not riskgetting out ugly
Not from me you haven’t heard that

England have bowled a few snorters to get rid of top batsmen

it’s allowed to say

Spark

Global Moderator
Nah you can play a bad shot to a good ball, or get induced into playing a bad shot - Green first innings a good example.

This is exactly while Head's wicket, whilst obviously needless, doesn't annoy me - he was playing according to a clear gameplan, it was the right gameplan, he just didn't execute that particular shot. Same with many of the English wickets.

There is no gameplan in which "defend balls way wide of off stump" is a good idea.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Is green standing more leg side of the offie an IPL/t20 thing or just a weird technical thing thats crept it?

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Most of the English wickets across both innings didn't exactly owe a lot to great bowling either. The number of straight up donations has been a striking feature of this Test.
Yeah I've said this since day 2. It's been a battle of who sucks less.