• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh look Haze is out there. As he has been all ****ing morning except for when he went for a tosca and Starc fielded for an over.

Molehill

International Captain
This batting from England honestly isn't a winning strategy in the long term, or at least I hope so. But while it's happening it's hilarious, because bowling attacks have crumbled time on time again
How long is long term? A winning strategy is precisely what it's been so far.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know this but the grudging praise makes me laugh. You don’t think any of the great Aussie didn’t bat like root over the years

a good shot is a good shot , whoever plays it

Khawaja played some truly brilliant shots of similar bowling
When you talk about the bowlers not bowling **** balls, it doesn't have to be a reflection on the batsman. Sometimes they just bowl some poo. We've been on the pads way too much all game. It's hard enough to Root at the moment bowling on a decent line and length. Leg stump is a waste.

Looking forward to Brook leaving one and getting castled.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This batting from England honestly isn't a winning strategy in the long term, or at least I hope so. But while it's happening it's hilarious, because bowling attacks have crumbled time on time again
Nah this is just cope for the fact that batting teams have left runs out there for no reason other than tradition. Just like how guys keep getting out driving in England when they'd 100% be better off shelving that shot, they've left huge gaps unexploited just because things aren't done a certain way.

CartyDurham

International Captain
When you talk about the bowlers not bowling **** balls, it doesn't have to be a reflection on the batsman. Sometimes they just bowl some poo. We've been on the pads way too much all game. It's hard enough to Root at the moment bowling on a decent line and length. Leg stump is a waste.

Looking forward to Brook leaving one and getting castled.
:laugh: As I said grudging praise. Root is a world class player. It’s allowed to admit

CartyDurham

International Captain
No one is contesting this ffs.
Only me saying it though. :laugh: No praise of root , it’s all just poor bowling

can no one just post, that’s a good shot by root, or is it only me

and brook puts Lyon away first ball with a perfect cut shot