• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cummins definitely getting some substantial reverse now. Doesn't need to be so straight though.

CartyDurham

International Captain
It's a leg stump half volley, any Test batsman should be dealing with that all day.

If Root wants to hit cover drives for four then fair cop but at least make him take a risk. Leg stump line is just free runs all day
And again. This is good batting, simple as that and when the Aussies have their turn, I’ll say exactly the same

good batting applies to all countries and players

Root is on his way to be an all time great

CartyDurham

International Captain
First time I’ve seen Cameron Green and you Aussies have another potential great player

shot by brook , put away beautifully

ataraxia

International Coach
This batting from England honestly isn't a winning strategy in the long term, or at least I hope so. But while it's happening it's hilarious, because bowling attacks have crumbled time on time again

CartyDurham

International Captain
This batting from England honestly isn't a winning strategy in the long term, or at least I hope so. But while it's happening it's hilarious, because bowling attacks have crumbled time on time again
Why would you hope for slow scoring and boring cricket ?

CartyDurham

International Captain
Mate, Root is batting well. All the more reason not to bowl a leg stump line to him.
I know this but the grudging praise makes me laugh. You don’t think any of the great Aussie didn’t bat like root over the years

a good shot is a good shot , whoever plays it

Khawaja played some truly brilliant shots of similar bowling