• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Given the forecast and state of the game, England may have to bat contrary to their preferred MO today. I don't know if they'll even try to regardless, but it would be interesting to see how they go if they did.

Molehill

International Captain
Given the forecast and state of the game, England may have to bat contrary to their preferred MO today. I don't know if they'll even try to regardless, but it would be interesting to see how they go if they did.
Root's the key wicket. He'll just bat like he normally does and block up an end whilst ticking it over. The others are less predictable.....

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I agree with the latter part of this post but this bit is horse****e. The guy made some "Haha women in kitchen" jokes as a 17 YO 12 years ago. Don't see how that makes him a despicable human being at the age of 30. Not like he's pulling a hales and doing blackface in his early 20's or the crap Joe Clarke pulled.
He also made some racist remarks. That doesn't mean he's still racist or ***ist but the guy seems like a drip. The ignorant idiot kind as opposed to properly evil (like Michael Vaughan, or Joe root who has questions to answer still)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
We’ll just have to go at ten an over to set the target quicker.

halba

International 12th Man
ICC Penalty for Robinson likely

Robinson is expected to face a financial penalty in the form of a deduction from his match fee, as well as a demerit point for breaching the ICC’s Code of Conduct, which prohibits players from using language, actions, or gestures that belittle or provoke an aggressive response from a dismissed batter.

halba

International 12th Man
Basically, Australia decided that times had changed when they decided they were Elite Blokes with Elite behaviour. Although turned out the Elite Captain they picked was sending some pretty Elite texts.

If you can't say "**** off" to an Aussie batsman who can you say it to? 10% match fine, move on.
AFAIK- i watched the aussie bowler celebrations 1st inn- eng scored the same runs as aus, and nowhere did they do a send off. Just the usual bowler celebration. To be consistent ..

slowfinger

International Debutant
wow what boring reactions, imagine not being able to tell someone to **** off any more

regardless, after the bloke's hit 140 odd against you and didn't really look in danger against Robinson I don't really understand why he gave him such a big send off

slowfinger

International Debutant
AFAIK- i watched the aussie bowler celebrations 1st inn- eng scored the same runs as aus, and nowhere did they do a send off. Just the usual bowler celebration. To be consistent ..
Yeah NOW they don't send people off, but Aussies crying about unsportsmanlike behaviour is just hilarious as for decades they were the universal bullies across the globe

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I didn't have a strong opinion on the send off until I read this thread. What a bunch of whinging babies you Aussies are. Wah wah pitch. Wah wah cricket shouldn't be played like this. Wah wah 78mph man said a bad word when he was happy at taking a key wicket. Wah wah ****ing wah. **** off you miserable little ****s.

Molehill

International Captain
Of course they didn't, they're Elite Blokes now who would never do a thing like that. Literally doing it for a 100 years, get caught cheating with sandpaper and think the whole world has to change with them. Elitey Eliteness Bull****.

No one else has been doing it anyway, I can only assume Robinson got caught up in the emotion yesterday, but by the time he finished his send off he wasn't even looking anywhere near Khawaja.

It was noticeable from Carey's post match interview that the Aussie players clearly didn't give a toss about it.

Molehill

International Captain
I didn't have a strong opinion on the send off until I read this thread. What a bunch of whinging babies you Aussies are. Wah wah pitch. Wah wah cricket shouldn't be played like this. Wah wah 78mph man said a bad word when he was happy at taking a key wicket. Wah wah ****ing wah. **** off you miserable little ****s.
Got me amused too. If Bairstow wasn't such a clutz, the Aussies would've been bowled out for about 300 on a 'road', and it's not like they were batting especially aggressively and giving their wickets away (bar Head).

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Very soft.

halba

International 12th Man
Yeah NOW they don't send people off, but Aussies crying about unsportsmanlike behaviour is just hilarious as for decades they were the universal bullies across the globe
To be fair past teams e.g. India werent exactly nice either. i remember guys like Harbhajan were pretty aggressive.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
He also made some racist remarks. That doesn't mean he's still racist or ***ist but the guy seems like a drip. The ignorant idiot kind as opposed to properly evil (like Michael Vaughan, or Joe root who has questions to answer still)
The remarks where definitely racist, but they where along the lines of (my muslim friend said bang, haha). From my experience, racist jokes like that where common at pretty much every school playground growing up. Can't blame robinson too much for tweeting it out when he was still an adolescent doing his GCSE's. The fact that noene at the ECB had the bright idea of moderating players old social media posts after the james gunn stuff at that time was the bigger **** up.

the big bambino

International Captain
Basically, Australia decided that times had changed when they decided they were Elite Blokes with Elite behaviour. Although turned out the Elite Captain they picked was sending some pretty Elite texts.

If you can't say "**** off" to an Aussie batsman who can you say it to? 10% match fine, move on.
Basically your typical English response. Complain and bitch when Australia send off snivelling about the spirit of the game but when England does it; "nothing to see here - move on".