• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thats not practical

Ollie is a despicable human though especially when you consider his early work on twitter. Also barely bowling a ball over 80 mph and then giving a send off to a bloke who made 140 is piss weak. Absolute **** ****
I dunno how to explain it properly but it just doesn't feel right that you can say whatever you want to someone and as long as it's in "the heat of battle" there's no consequences

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Also if it takes bring called a prick or something to fire them up, they should hire a motivational coach to call them wankers every morning.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why should anyone be punished for over the top celebrations or send offs? Let the market decide how stupid/cringe you look and judge you accordingly. That should be punishment enough.

Clarke's hard man sledge to a tailender, Kohli's whoops and shrieks and Watson's gibbon like behaviour are forever etched in youtube history. That's way worse than having 20% or whatever of your match fee deducted.

mr_mister

Typical Aussie moral arbiters. Comical how little there is in this.
This is not an Aussie judging Brits thing, I've played club cricket and seen it all from Aussies and was equally baffled. I've gone up to someone after a game and asked why they were abusing my teammates and was told "that's sport"

And we were all meant to have a beer after and pretend it was normal healthy behaviour lol

mr_mister

Why should anyone be punished for over the top celebrations or send offs? Let the market decide how stupid/cringe you look and judge you accordingly. That should be punishment enough.

Clarke's hard man sledge to a tailender, Kohli's whoops and shrieks and Watson's gibbon like behaviour are forever etched in youtube history. That's way worse than having 20% or whatever of your match fee deducted.
There's celebrations and there's hurling insults for no reason. Calling someone a ****ing prick when they're not acting like one is what I have issue with

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Thats not practical

Ollie is a despicable human though especially when you consider his early work on twitter. Also barely bowling a ball over 80 mph and then giving a send off to a bloke who made 140 is piss weak. Absolute **** ****
I agree with the latter part of this post but this bit is horse****e. The guy made some "Haha women in kitchen" jokes as a 17 YO 12 years ago. Don't see how that makes him a despicable human being at the age of 30. Not like he's pulling a hales and doing blackface in his early 20's or the crap Joe Clarke pulled.

social

I agree with the latter part of this post but this bit is horse****e. The guy made some "Haha women in kitchen" jokes as a 17 YO 12 years ago. Don't see how that makes him a despicable human being at the age of 30. Not like he's pulling a hales and doing blackface in his early 20's or the crap Joe Clarke pulled.
Yep

He was coached by Dizzy at Sussex after being punted by Yorkshire and he speaks very highly of him

The stuff yesterday was more embarrassing for him than anything & the chances of Uzi (or any of the Australians) being offended were zero

I had a teammate who did something similar to a test player in a grade game after he dismissed him for 196

We still give him stick about it and it was 30 years ago

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is not an Aussie judging Brits thing, I've played club cricket and seen it all from Aussies and was equally baffled. I've gone up to someone after a game and asked why they were abusing my teammates and was told "that's sport"

And we were all meant to have a beer after and pretend it was normal healthy behaviour lol
But it is

subshakerz

International Coach
It's the part Burge mentioned about Khawaja being the most self-effacing player that makes Robinson's behaviour unacceptable for me

Some players/people relish combative situations, confrontations and being the centre of attention, some don't. It's not fair to cop that when you're not out there looking for it/starting ****. It's not Steve Waugh and Ambrose out there

Ponting was bad with this too. Remember him going way too hard on Srinath one time after the latter struck him with a bouncer and went to check on him. So uncalled for
I watched the clip and I am literally wondering what people are talking about. Ollie was a bit fired up but he did nothing really odd or over the top. This was nothing.