• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

halba

International 12th Man
There's celebrations and there's hurling insults for no reason. Calling someone a ****ing prick when they're not acting like one is what I have issue with
completely agree. in my opinion he should be docked some part of his match fee. We're in 2023, not 2006. Times have changed. Surprised nothing has come out of it fine wise- cricket is meant to be a gentlemans game- yes those things happened- watson , ponting, kohli, etc, but that was in a different time when it was relatively more acceptable- no social media or not as much in those days(kohli)

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
In a perfect world Robinson wouldn't be giving Khawaja the send off that he did but it wasn't anything to get too excited about.

More than anything he looked a bit of a knob given how many Khawaja had made.

Fine him 10% of his match fee or whatever and let's move on.

halba

International 12th Man
In a perfect world Robinson wouldn't be giving Khawaja the send off that he did but it wasn't anything to get too excited about.

Thats correct, there should be a fine. Calling him a f**ing p**k when he (Khawaja) is a quiet lad isnt right. Sure khawaja had a huge celebration when he got his ton, but thats fair given the pressure/match situation- australia were going to lose without his ton.

Shri

Mr. Glass
i think this is probably where i stand too. send offs not a huge deal broadly though when you're going at a bloke who's just ****ed you around the park for the better part of two days and has done so with a smile it seems a bit much
Ollie gets passionate about brown people tbf 👀

Gob

International Coach
What is England target today assuming its sunny to begin with and they get off to a decent start? 350?

Or would they want to dangle the carrot with 280 with the rain around?

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
What is England target today assuming its sunny to begin with and they get off to a decent start? 350?

Former seems safer, but given how England played in PAK I assume it will be the latter.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

How much is it expected to rain tomorrow?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

The embarrassment of looking like a ****ing tool should be enough to incentivise Robinson to never do it again. Let's hope.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I knew Robinson had a taste for the stage as per this Cricinfo quote:

"I think Uzzie played unbelievably well. To get that wicket for us as a team at the time was massive. We all want that theatre of the game, don't we? So I'm here to provide it - unless Hamilton is playing the theatre that night"

Molehill

International Captain
Is it an earlier start or later finish to make up the overs today?
Late finish. Today looks decent for batting, tomorrow doesn't (if there's much play at all). I can only really see one winner with this weather and it's not England. But if they bat till after Tea then the draw looks nailed on.

Molehill

International Captain
completely agree. in my opinion he should be docked some part of his match fee. We're in 2023, not 2006. Times have changed. Surprised nothing has come out of it fine wise- cricket is meant to be a gentlemans game- yes those things happened- watson , ponting, kohli, etc, but that was in a different time when it was relatively more acceptable- no social media or not as much in those days(kohli)
Basically, Australia decided that times had changed when they decided they were Elite Blokes with Elite behaviour. Although turned out the Elite Captain they picked was sending some pretty Elite texts.

If you can't say "**** off" to an Aussie batsman who can you say it to? 10% match fine, move on.