• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* IPL 2023

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Green and kishan batting together is a comic runout waiting to happen. No communication between either.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Genuinely I don't know. You keep @ing me about him but why would I remember someone I think is a spud from like one match ffs

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Is raza injured? He's the impact sub this game but I can't think of any other reason punjab would drop him after he clutched them last game with the bat.
In the context of a 200+ match, you'd think that Short's horrific knock would get him dropped for the next game and Raza come back in. It turned out to be the difference. It's one thing getting out cheaply, but hanging around for a run a ball 25 is far worse.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
In the context of a 200+ match, you'd think that Short's horrific knock would get him dropped for the next game and Raza come back in. It turned out to be the difference. It's one thing getting out cheaply, but hanging around for a run a ball 25 is far worse.
I just wish they would be somewhat consistent with their selection. I have no issues with Ellis over rabada yesterday because Dhawan explicitly said that decision was based on the matchup Ellis had vs some of the MI bats.

Can imagine how frustrating it would be for Raza to get MOTM, get dropped for short, come back, clutch up a 200 run chase in the last few then get dropped again.

slippy888

International Captain
Guys let's focus i don't like this impact sub to be involved in any format of cricket, like it should be a 11 vs 11 cricket game.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Guys let's focus i don't like this impact sub to be involved in any format of cricket, like it should be a 11 vs 11 cricket game.
It's clear it's having a big difference on totals. They've already gone well past the record for the total number of 200+ scores in a whole IPL and we're barely past halfway. Having an extra bowler seems to make little difference, in fact, it often seems to leave the best bowler an over short as the skipper has too many options. But on flat pitches, the extra batter is just giving more license to attack and it's seemingly favouring the teams chasing. A lot of 200 plus scores are getting chased down, and often with some comfort too (see yesterday).

So yeah, I don't like it either. It should be 11 v 11 not 12 v 12.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It's clear it's having a big difference on totals. They've already gone well past the record for the total number of 200+ scores in a whole IPL and we're barely past halfway. Having an extra bowler seems to make little difference, in fact, it often seems to leave the best bowler an over short as the skipper has too many options. But on flat pitches, the extra batter is just giving more license to attack and it's seemingly favouring the teams chasing. A lot of 200 plus scores are getting chased down, and often with some comfort too (see yesterday).

So yeah, I don't like it either. It should be 11 v 11 not 12 v 12.
I like the idea of allowing injury subs though. And the idea of naming your 11 after the toss. Those should be brought into all cricket and this impact sub nonsense should be abolished ASAP.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
7.30 pm
?Rahul Tripathi once shared the KKR dressing room with him but has now faced the second-most balls (48) without being dismissed by Sunil Narine in T20s. Tripathi has scored 71 runs off those balls at a strike rate of 147.91.

✍Russell vs Bhuvneshwar Kumar in T20s has so far been a no-contest. Russell has walloped him for 72 off 34 balls for two dismissals. His strike rate of 211.76 is the second-best to Rishabh Pant's 239.39 among those who have faced a minimum of 25 balls from Bhuvneshwar .

?Bhuvneshwar, however, has had the wood over Roy, having dismissed him three times in 11 innings while conceding just 64 off 70 balls. That could make KKR consider using Roy in the middle order, as they did against Chennai Super Kings when he made a bruising 26-ball 61 in a chase of 236.

✍Since IPL 2022, Russell has performed better when has come in before the 13th over, scoring 348 runs in 11 innings at a strike rate of 171 with six scores of 30 and above. This is against the 129 he has made in ten innings at 152 when he has walked in after the 13th over. Maybe then, there's a case to promote him a spot higher

Above from cricinfo
Below from cricbuzz

?KKR have bowled 100+ overs of spin which constitutes 60% of their total overs and picked 33 wickets, the most by a team.

- ?Heinrich Klaasen averages 49 at a strike rate of 170.56 in T20 cricket this year