• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2022/23

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I am rarely right so may as well gloat, posted this after the West Ham 2-2 draw with Arsenal and here we are are less than 3 weeks later and City are champions.

The FA Cup is a formality due to how average United are at the moment , just a very streaky Real Madrid to beat to win a treble.
Didn't you say it after the Liverpool game? It was a ridiculous post and nothing that has happened since has changed that.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
City are going to win everything.

Apart from the League Cup of course but they'll do the PL, FA Cup, CL treble.

They just seem unstoppable at present.

Niall

International Coach
Didn't you say it after the Liverpool game? It was a ridiculous post and nothing that has happened since has changed that.
Ha fair yeah was after the Pool game and they have done nothing to prove me wrong! :laugh:

Brighton might be gone now after the FA Cup loss so even if Brentford beat City then it won't matter as Arsenal will drop points before the season ends. That Newcastle fixture oh dear.

Himannv

International Coach
Strangely enough, I think the result gives Arsenal a better chance of winning the league now than before. City players are more likely to phone it in now and focus on the Champions League. :ph34r:

Molehill

International Captain
Strangely enough, I think the result gives Arsenal a better chance of winning the league now than before. City players are more likely to phone it in now and focus on the Champions League. :ph34r:
I think it's a certainty that Arsenal drop more points by the end of the season than City do....not even sure they'll drop any. Once they got on a winning run like this it rarely stops till September.

Himannv

International Coach
I think it's a certainty that Arsenal drop more points by the end of the season than City do....not even sure they'll drop any. Once they got on a winning run like this it rarely stops till September.
Well, yes, I’m mostly trolling and I think City have this in the bag. I do think City’s biggest problem is complacency this season though - they’re the best team and are deservedly in the driving seat.

Aidan11

Man Utd seem to forget at times that they have to play a second half as well.

Newcastle running riot these last few days.

Aidan11

There's going to be a rail strike take place on the day of the FA Cup Final.

That is going to be fun.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So looking at the Prem table I think Arsenal and City obviously swap places. Newcastle and Man U into CL, Liverpool 5th. Villa take the second Europa spot and presumably Spurs into the conference thing. Decent chance of West Ham in the Europa also?

far more interesting at the bottom - my natural instinct tells me Everton survive because they always do but honestly they look ****ed. Them and Saints to go down with Leeds I think