• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2022/23

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm almost certain he didn't. He might have played there for Scotland when Clarke was trying to shoehorn him and Robertson into the same side before settling on Tierney being the left sided centre back in a back 3.

Arsenal desperately need to strengthen defensively in summer, they just don't keep enough clean sheets and the quality of their reserve options is pants.
Need legit backup/competition for Partey and Xhaka too. Another top forward would be nice to have as well.

Thankfully we have ownership who want to spend and we'll have CL Footy again. Going to be a wild summer I think

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
On a more serious note, it's somewhat easier to steal the odd glance at text on a screen that sit there glued to a moving image you imbecile

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm pretty pessimistic about Arsenal's chances. Their problem lately is that in periods where they're not controlling the game they give up stacks of chances. It's a really bad weakness to have for a game away to City.

But then games this big tend to have a whole dynamic of their own, so maybe it just won't play out that way at all.

Molehill

International Captain
I've known work events very quickly change locations or utterly splinter to accommodate games such as these.

As a 'neutral' fan I'd like to see Arsenal win it. But there's no doubt the game comes at the wrong time for them and the right time for City, can only see one result and could be a case of how many.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
It's a shame Chelsea aren't on 34 points as their season might be looking a bit dicey otherwise.
Especially given their remaining fixtures; away to Bournemouth, Arsenal and City, home to Notts Forest and Newcastle. You can see them only beating Forest and losing the rest.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Ah, boring. City are great of course, but the extent of their dominance over the last however many years doesn't make for exciting viewing.

Niall

International Coach
That's probably the league done and dusted. Arsenal won't be beating Newcastle or City and obviously City should win remain all their remaining fixtures.

I am rarely right so may as well gloat, posted this after the West Ham 2-2 draw with Arsenal and here we are are less than 3 weeks later and City are champions.

The FA Cup is a formality due to how average United are at the moment , just a very streaky Real Madrid to beat to win a treble.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I am rarely right so may as well gloat, posted this after the West Ham 2-2 draw with Arsenal and here we are are less than 3 weeks later and City are champions.

The FA Cup is a formality due to how average United are at the moment , just a very streaky Real Madrid to beat to win a treble.
Personally I'd be happy enough to see them win the Champions League. As for the FA Cup, who cares really. I just don't enjoy our showpiece division making the Bundesliga look competitive in comparison. Some folks won't like that as they're still 2 points behind Arsenal, but meh.

Niall

International Coach
Ah, boring. City are great of course, but the extent of their dominance over the last however many years doesn't make for exciting viewing.

I'm not a fan and don't want to praise them, but two of their recent title wins against Liverpool went to the final day with numerous twists and turns and were compelling viewing for neutrals.

City are worthy champions this season, but they were much more vulnerable compared to previous seasons, not their fault that Arsenal bottled it IMO.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not a fan and don't want to praise them, but two of their recent title wins against Liverpool went to the final day with numerous twists and turns and were compelling viewing for neutrals.

City are worthy champions this season, but they were much more vulnerable compared to previous seasons, not their fault that Arsenal bottled it IMO.
Your first point's fair enough actually. fwiw I don't agree that Arsenal bottled it. I think they just ran out of steam and the narrow results going their way in the first two thirds of the season went against them recently.

Niall

International Coach
Personally I'd be happy enough to see them win the Champions League. As for the FA Cup, who cares really. I just don't enjoy our showpiece division making the Bundesliga look competitive in comparison. Some folks won't like that as they're still 2 points behind Arsenal, but meh.
I want them to win the champjons league as I have money on them for the treble :laugh:

I still don't know how they have not won it yet, Spurs robbed them a few years ago and they were so dominant last year v Madrid they should have won the tie in the 1st leg ffs.

If I wasn't financially invested I wouldn't mind if they did although I would have liked to see them play Napoli from a few months ago when they were flying , but alas not to be.

Niall

International Coach
Your first point's fair enough actually. fwiw I don't agree that Arsenal bottled it. I think they just ran out of steam and the narrow results going their way in the first two thirds of the season went against them recently.
Yeah bottling it is a mean term, but some of those results will haunt them, losing away to Everton and not been able to beat West Ham or Southampton who were a lovely lay up for them!