• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2022/23

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
So Palace are set to name the Austrian coach Adolph Hutter to take over management duties in the summer. Naturally I'd never heard of him, but surely Herr & Frau Hutter could have chosen a better first name for their lad. Let the jokes begin.

Last edited:

Socerer 01

International Captain
So Palace are set to name the Austrian coach Adolph Hutter to take over management duties in the summer. Naturally I'd never heard of him, but surely Herr & Frau Hutter could have chosen a better first name for their lad. Let the jokes begin.
he was good at Frankfurt i think but **** the bed at Gladbach

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Wow only midway through the first half.

I thought this was the full time score when I heard it.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tbf Spurs fans do keep on saying how they want a more open expansive game, and you can;t get much more open defensively than this.

Spark

Global Moderator
Can't be common to see more drastic upgrades on managerial quality mid-season than Gerrard to Emery

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah can't really think of another that's comparable. Adkins to Poch I guess.

Crunch time tonight. Saliba being confirmed out means my optimism is very low indeed, but I have to go to a work event tonight anyway (dire) so won't be able to watch in any case.

Really hope that Ben White moves to centre back though, and then someone else comes in at right back (I mean I have no idea who this would be realistically - I think Tierney maybe played as an emergency right back for Celtic occasionally). Holding is just... not good.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Martinelli-Jesus-Saka
Xhaka-Odegaard
Zinchenko-Partey
Tierney-Gabriel-White

effectively replicate City with the box midfield. Can’t afford to break up the White/Saka axis and we don’t have another right back in the squad (well we do, but he’s 18yo and hasn’t played a game). We gave them a run for their money in the cup going man for man with a rotated squad. Give it a crack again.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I think Tierney maybe played as an emergency right back for Celtic occasionally).
I'm almost certain he didn't. He might have played there for Scotland when Clarke was trying to shoehorn him and Robertson into the same side before settling on Tierney being the left sided centre back in a back 3.

Arsenal desperately need to strengthen defensively in summer, they just don't keep enough clean sheets and the quality of their reserve options is pants.