• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand domestic season 2022/23

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Is it? You of all people should know a pile of players and ex-players lurk here and put themselves through reading our **** opinions.

I hope poor old Henry Nicholls doesn't. His brother being NZ media manager means the brother is half a chance, poor guy.
Do they now? I know they used to...yeah, I guess they do. Let's go on keeping them honest with our **** opinions and over-hashed viewpoints.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
In other news, both Nathan McCullum and nephew Riley McCullum playing for University in AKL premier club cricket tomorrow. Not sure if that's been happening all season, but pretty cool nonetheless.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Do they now? I know they used to...yeah, I guess they do. Let's go on keeping them honest with our **** opinions and over-hashed viewpoints.
Definitely happens more with NZ cricketers than in other countries IMO. Like there's no way Unadkat is reading CW.

vandem

International 12th Man
So 3 FC games after next week's Plunket Shield round 8:

PS delayed game CD vs Auck, Nelson, Apr 1-4

NZ A vs Aust A, Bert Sutcliffe Oval, Apr 1-4 (so no CD or Auck players)

NZ A vs Aust A, Bert Sutcliffe Oval, Apr 8-11

Any thoughts on younger players you would like too see in NZ A squad? In the Sep NZ A FC tour to India only Ravindra and Fisher were younger than 28 (with Shipley and Nathan Smith not available due to injury). If I was picking then Kris Clarke and O'Rourke would be in the squad (Shipley I assume will be with Black Caps white ball squad). Would anybody pick a 1st season player with exceptional promise, perhaps Abbas or Mariu?

Binkley

U19 Captain
Does anyone know what has happened to Joey Field this season? He doesn’t seem to have played at all, despite being a contracted player for CD. Google finds a mention of a shoulder injury, but that is about it.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Does anyone know what has happened to Joey Field this season? He doesn’t seem to have played at all, despite being a contracted player for CD. Google finds a mention of a shoulder injury, but that is about it.
His owner, thankfully, didn't have to put him down.

Yeah,I know, bad form to repeat my joke ... but, read my posts c#nts ..

It has occurred to me that Joey Field has not played at all this year. So, must have a fairly serious injury?

Googled it, in the forlorn hope that NZ had a cricket media, to see if it had been reported what injury he has.

I was very concerned to see this in about the 6th position in the returned google page:
"“Joey had a horrific accident out in the field leaving him with life threatening injuries ... "

Fortunately, it was an instagram post about someone's horse called Joey.

View attachment 35021

Last edited:

Immenso

So 3 FC games after next week's Plunket Shield round 8:

PS delayed game CD vs Auck, Nelson, Apr 1-4

NZ A vs Aust A, Bert Sutcliffe Oval, Apr 1-4 (so no CD or Auck players)

NZ A vs Aust A, Bert Sutcliffe Oval, Apr 8-11

Any thoughts on younger players you would like too see in NZ A squad? In the Sep NZ A FC tour to India only Ravindra and Fisher were younger than 28 (with Shipley and Nathan Smith not available due to injury). If I was picking then Kris Clarke and O'Rourke would be in the squad (Shipley I assume will be with Black Caps white ball squad). Would anybody pick a 1st season player with exceptional promise, perhaps Abbas or Mariu?
From my team that I tried to work out a few pages ago, that would only remove Ashok, and O'Donnell who I had as 12th man.

Although, I would have Ashok now elevated to blackcaps if Macewell getting IPL callup as someone mentioned. But, they'd probably go Rippon, even if he has yips. I would go Pringle to NZ A for Ashok.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
From my team that I tried to work out a few pages ago, that would only remove Ashok, and O'Donnell who I had as 12th man.

Although, I would have Ashok now elevated to blackcaps if Macewell getting IPL callup as someone mentioned. But, they'd probably go Rippon, even if he has yips. I would go Pringle to NZ A for Ashok.
You'd pick Ashok for the limited overs team?

Immenso

Although, if picking someone to not play, that would he good spot for Rippon at the moment. Let Ashok play NZ A. (Although he'd only get 1 game because of reschedule PS natch.

Immenso

In the repeating posts mood:

OnTheBank

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Here is the NZ Cricket press release on the A squad.

Happy to see a bit of youth in there and Foxcroft making it. Not happy to see Scotty K in there.

New Zealand A squad
Tom Bruce (c) (Central Stags)
Adi Ashok* (Auckland Aces)
Doug Bracewell (Central Stags)
Henry Cooper (Northern Districts)
Jacob Duffy (Otago Volts) (Game 1 only)
Dean Foxcroft* (Otago Volts)
Cam Fletcher (Canterbury)
Mitch Hay* (Canterbury)
Scott Kuggeleijn (Northern Districts) (Game 2 only)
Cole McConchie (Canterbury)
Robbie O’Donnell (Auckland Aces)
Will O’Rourke* (Canterbury Kings)
Ajaz Patel (Central Stags)
Brett Randell* (Central Stags)
Sean Solia (Auckland Aces)