• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand domestic season 2022/23

Howsie

International Captain
Keeley could flat out play, but never quite made it. Was one of a few from Waitakere with real talent- Dushan Hakaraia, Tane Topia, even Keeleys brother Corey (who I presume is Jamals dad) could wack it, and played for NZ indoor team. Ben Lister now, too.

That Plunket Shield game was nuts. Teenage Tim Southee six for, Reece Young and Greg Morgan (on debut) saving Aucklands skin, then the whole dusk Andre Adams blowup I mentioned. I reckon that was the year Andre averaged about 8 with the ball across the whole season.
That’s a name from the past, Greg Morgan. What happened to him, just give up on cricket fairly early or…?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
That’s a name from the past, Greg Morgan. What happened to him, just give up on cricket fairly early or…?
Yep. Got overcoached- went from a jet who bowled a deadly yorker and had slippery pace + wacked it with the bat (80 on FC debut and had one deadly T20 season for Aces where he hit yorkers on command) to a military medium who blocked the crap out of it. To be fair, he wasn't the sharpest old Morgs and wasn't smart enough to figure his own game out and what worked. Became a landscaper, I believe.

Howsie

International Captain
Yep. Got overcoached- went from a jet who bowled a deadly yorker and had slippery pace + wacked it with the bat (80 on FC debut and had one deadly T20 season for Aces where he hit yorkers on command) to a military medium who blocked the crap out of it. To be fair, he wasn't the sharpest old Morgs and wasn't smart enough to figure his own game out and what worked. Became a landscaper, I believe.
I remember playing against him, maybe under 17’s. Was damn quick then. I always find careers like Morgan’s interesting. It can be any sport but 17 domestic games in total before he’s 21 and than nothing, he was done. Obviously injuries usually play a part in things like that but if it’s anything else it makes for a very interesting story

thierry henry

International Coach
Keeley could flat out play, but never quite made it. Was one of a few from Waitakere with real talent- Dushan Hakaraia, Tane Topia, even Keeleys brother Corey (who I presume is Jamals dad) could wack it, and played for NZ indoor team. Ben Lister now, too.

That Plunket Shield game was nuts. Teenage Tim Southee six for, Reece Young and Greg Morgan (on debut) saving Aucklands skin, then the whole dusk Andre Adams blowup I mentioned. I reckon that was the year Andre averaged about 8 with the ball across the whole season.
I haven’t played a lot of top cricket or against that many top cricketers, but at junior level and when playing lower level cricket I saw Dusan do things I never saw anyone else do. My recollection is he was extremely prolific at junior rep level and then onto club level without getting a look in for Auckland which I could never understand, because he was not only prolific but the sort of flamboyant cricketer whose talent was extremely obvious. I am aware of a few reasons for why that would have been (ranging from legitimate to not legitimate). Seems like errr….his face may not have fit.

Did score 141(142) out of a total of 240 in a FC game against ND in his brief and belated Auckland career.

thierry henry

International Coach
tbf aside from his legendary feats in age group cricket I think the main reason I revere Dusan is because I played him at indoor once and he hit me for an off-side side-net by starting from a normal stance and swinging the bat two-handed completely around his body before hitting it. In retrospect I’m not sure that’s even physically possible without rotating your body clockwise a fair bit, but that’s how I picture it.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I remember playing against him, maybe under 17’s. Was damn quick then. I always find careers like Morgan’s interesting. It can be any sport but 17 domestic games in total before he’s 21 and than nothing, he was done. Obviously injuries usually play a part in things like that but if it’s anything else it makes for a very interesting story
He's only 34. Still a BC chance.

IIRC he was a monster player in one of the ICC games.

jcas0167

International Debutant
I haven’t played a lot of top cricket or against that many top cricketers, but at junior level and when playing lower level cricket I saw Dusan do things I never saw anyone else do. My recollection is he was extremely prolific at junior rep level and then onto club level without getting a look in for Auckland which I could never understand, because he was not only prolific but the sort of flamboyant cricketer whose talent was extremely obvious. I am aware of a few reasons for why that would have been (ranging from legitimate to not legitimate). Seems like errr….his face may not have fit.

Did score 141(142) out of a total of 240 in a FC game against ND in his brief and belated Auckland career.
What a waste. I remember there was talk in the 90's of adding a North Harbour first class side given Auckland's population. There are probably a number of players in their club competition who would fare well at first class level. A number over the years have obviously made the Black Caps after shifting elsewhere to get games. Abbas for example would probably not be in the Akl team if he'd stayed.

That said, adding another team would have downsides too but it was an interesting idea.

ataraxia

International Coach
Looks like Snedden's FC average of 7.52 belies his batting ability. He's been very good this game, now as nightwatchman bringing up a maiden fifty. Defence pierced by some scintillating shots.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Michael Snedden with 128 career FC runs is looking a decent chance of doubling that tally today, currently on 59. Not sure whether that's more of an indictment on the pitch or ND's spin bowling stocks.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Michael Snedden with 128 career FC runs is looking a decent chance of doubling that tally today, currently on 59. Not sure whether that's more of an indictment on the pitch or ND's spin bowling stocks.
Faced more balls than anyone else in the match too. Faced 100 in the first dig.

ataraxia

International Coach
this, yes Snedden–Severin in the 4th innings, is now Wellington's second-highest partnership since the end of the 2020/21 PS.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Could have been literally the same recording from the reverse angle with the dismissal today.

Vishvaka caught attention in U19s through play some shots with style, whereas that footwork could not be more ugly.
well, sort of.

Front foot first innings, back foot second innings.

But, each occasion the leg went to mid-on and the bat to mid-off.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Jeez, this Severin guy is playing a hell of a knock. Anyone know much about his background? Cricinfo says he was born in SA, did he move here for cricket or did his family migrate while he was younger?

ataraxia

International Coach
Again a very tight, exciting 4th-innings run-chase: there's been a lot of them recently, obviously two of the very greatest tests in NZ as well as quite a few Plunket games. 27 (21) with 3 wickets remaining. Santner + Pringle to Severin + Milne.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Now 7 off 10. Milne smoke's pringle gir 4 then 6.

Severin dies a little combined hop and fist pump as the 6 flies, he knows that's job done.

Last edited: