• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

ataraxia

International Coach
This is probably the right thread so:

Every WTC final being held in England is horrid. Spread it about; designate a fairly neutral venue each time. If it's ANUS v ANUS play it in the SC, etc.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Onto the ODI's now.

Can't speak from an indian POV, haven't seen them play enough ODI cricket recently.

From an AUS POV, reckon wey'll see the safe bet of

1.Inglis/Warner?
2.Head
3.Smith
4.Marnus/Green/Inglis
5.Marsh
6.Carey
7.Maxwell
8.Green/Agar/Ellis/Abbott
9.Zampa
10.Starc
11.Cummins

Last time we toured ASIA in LOI green was used as a #8 bowling all-rounder, don't see them changing that given that marsh is fit and green has taken wickets consistently in the ODI's he's played since then. Unsure of warner's fitness given he also broke an arm when he got concussed in the second test I think? Agar may start over green depending on conditions, unsure exactly how the selectors will approach SC conditions given that agar wasn't fit when we last played ODI's.

If I was picking an ideal team I'de go
1.Warner/Inglis
2.Head
3.Smith
4.Green/Inglis
5.Marsh/Green
6.Carey
7.Maxwell
8.Agar
9.Cummins
10.Starc
11.Zampa

Not much different. just wouldn't play marnus. Don't rate his ODI game in general or particularly in ASIA. Green gives us more bowling diversity and inglis has a higher cieling than either in LOI IMO in terms of destructive ability.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
This is probably the right thread so:

Every WTC final being held in England is horrid. Spread it about; designate a fairly neutral venue each time. If it's ANUS v ANUS play it in the SC, etc.
IMO the number one side should host the number two ranked side. Gives advantage to the team that presumably played better over the past two years and keeps it hopefully rotating. So this one should be in Aus for example. In my ideal scenario it would be a three test series with first one played at home of #2 and the second two at home of the #1 seed but that will never happen given $$$$ and scheduling the way it stands. Teams would have to keep a large window open every two years which would be financially difficult.

Honestly people like to categorize subcontinent vs SENA but there is enough variety in each of those places as to make them very different and I’d like to see home advantage with a home crowd rather than a lot of neutrals - it feels much more sanitized having it that way.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Is there high chance that in next BG Trophy in IND in 2027 , none of Lyon , Ashwin, Jadeja will play ?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Is there high chance that in next BG Trophy in IND in 2027 , none of Lyon , Ashwin, Jadeja will play ?
Ashwin 36, Lyon 35, Jadeja 34. Probable that Jadeja could play since he also doubles up as a batsman but little chance for the other two.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Have you seen the seam bowling averages and related numbers in the last few years? Like ffs you don't get seam movement out of thin air, it's off the surface which is prepared to allow such movement.
Not necessarily. Depends on the local conditions.

By that I mean the normal conditions, not manufactured conditions.

* The Poms are still cheating ****s though.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Have you seen the seam bowling averages and related numbers in the last few years? Like ffs you don't get seam movement out of thin air, it's off the surface which is prepared to allow such movement.
That's nonsense mate - it's much more to do with the climate.

Ian Chappell once said in England when you win the toss, you look up not down, to decide whether to bat or not and he's right.

Sunil1z

International Regular
YouTube randomly recommended me video of Ghavri dismissing Greg Chappell by spin bowling in 1st innings and fast bowling in 2nd innings in MCG 80/81 Test

So Ghavri and Collin miller are 2 players who could change their bowling according to the need of team

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Self care is scrolling past centurymaker's posts any time there's a big series or tournament
I am mostly only active during Indian home series vs Australia and vs England. Hardly active for big away series for India, except South Africa away! (I was inactive for the last two BG series in Australia).

So just 3-4 series involving India, in total.

I might post a bit during Australian summer if they are having a big series (like Ashes/SA). That is it. Never really active for any other series, including ashes in uk. Even WCs, I am usually inactive.

Last edited: