• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Sunil1z

International Regular
If Smith can have a horrible series , so can Pant .
I mean who would have predicted Axar not even taking 5 Test wkts in the entire series or topping the batting average charts ?

Molehill

International Captain
So sad that Pant will miss the match in England as well as the South Africa series end of year and also the England home series next year where India could be in trouble without him!

I hope he is back by the next BGT in Dec 2024.
How long is he out for? Already written off the next England series?

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
If smith/ Warner were around, india wouldn’t have won their first b-g trophy in Australia.

I am out.
They won in 2020 under worse circumstances and with smith playing the whole thing. Not saying they win with smith and warner in 2018/19 but.....

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Would just like to give handscomb a quick shoutout for his efforts this tour. He came into this series as the 7th/8th choice batter more on form and horses for courses schenanigans than anything else and his numbers probably don't look amazing, but he played a crucial knock in every game except the 4th test and really held his ground while the remainder of the middle order and tail was on fire during the first two tests b

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I am going to present this video to middle school kids as an example of why you shouldn’t do drugs.

I was recording pujara bowling for the lulz and instant reminder why watching on mute is better.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain

Just wanted to post this here for a laugh. Somehow Cummins, smith, handscomb and Labuschagne ended up with the same ranking haha.
Never mind that, Warner and Renshaw got 4 out of 10.
I mean Renshaw scored 4 runs in 3 innings at 1.33 a go. And he still got 4 out of 10 - what would have to do to get less than 4 - take a dump on the pitch ?

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I still think renshaw has potential at test level. He was thrown in and done pretty dirty here. His last year of red ball cricket has been opening in SENA conditions, hell even when he played for AUS-A in SL he was opening. Going from opening in the shield/county to batting 5 vs Jadeja/Ashwin in india on some hard decks is a pretty sudden change.

If he makes runs for somerset/with Aus-A before the ashes (Assume we'll have some kind of prep over there or at the same time like last ashes) he's the guy i'de want opening alongside usman over there unless whiteman makes a bucketload of runs in the ashes.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Good series.

AshWIN shows he is the best spinner in the world. Lyon showed he is still very good even though a little predictable when its flat and low bouncy. I think Kuhneman's action is defo dodgy but he may overcome scrutiny by actually not being all that good. Murphy looks the goods but dont wanna jinx the young man who is just starting his career. Lets see how he holds up over the next WTC cycle.

India was missing their two best batsmen for 2 of the 4 tests and yet won 2-1. That is awesome. Virat making runs is good news but the bad news is he has not changed anything and may yet be a sitting duck on any track that does a lot for the bowlers, which seem to be the only tracks we play in these days. I think Kishan or Samson will get to play the WTC final. Bharath played a couple of important knocks but its been his keeping that has been pretty wanting. We might as well play the guy more likely to score big runs if his keeping is not quite the Saha levels that it was built up to be. Nostrils showed why he is so hot and cold. Playing both Shami and Umesh together is not something we need to do anymore now that we have the luxury of actual good new ball bowlers around them.

We may play Siraj Shami Unadkat as the 3 seamers in England and hope Unadkat does the Lord job. Ash and Jaddu must play together and hopefully Ishy Kishy can find some good batting form and help us out at the #6 slot. Shreyas may not be fit and so hopefully we find another good batter to play there, maybe Sarfraz or SKY.

Shri

Mr. Glass
So sad that Pant will miss the match in England as well as the South Africa series end of year and also the England home series next year where India could be in trouble without him!

I hope he is back by the next BGT in Dec 2024.
i predict he will almost be fit by world cup this year but miss out because he has a little bit of progress left to make. will be surprised if he is not back by early 2024. no way is he missing out on ipl money in 2024

Shri

Mr. Glass
Unadkat does the Lord job.
unadkat offers us control and also with his experience, i expect him to do the ishant role. left arm boland

shami seems to have finally figured out how to bowl in england on his last tour. so unadkat and shami bowling as a pair will let siraj do his thing and go all out. it will make the whole attack better.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
unadkat offers us control and also with his experience, i expect him to do the ishant role. left arm boland
I'de forgotten undakat exists honestly. I was saying shardul over siraj but I reckon umesh-shami-undakat is the best pace pair for england. Play shardul over ashwin if you reckon the deck is gonna be gabba 2022 levels of seam friendly but otherwise 7.Jadeja 8.Ashwin 9.Shami (1) 10.Undakat (2) 11.Umesh (9-11) is interchangeable.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I'de forgotten undakat exists honestly. I was saying shardul over siraj but I reckon umesh-shami-undakat is the best pace pair for england. Play shardul over ashwin if you reckon the deck is gonna be gabba 2022 levels of seam friendly but otherwise 7.Jadeja 8.Ashwin 9.Shami (1) 10.Undakat (2) 11.Umesh (9-11) is interchangeable.
umesh is backup, and is starting to lose his edge slowly. has to phased out gradually but still great at home on abrasive pitches where he can get reverse.