• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2022/23

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
Miserable weather at my place. Rain has been on and off but it's cold so I'm worried about the field drying out.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Just woke up to loud rain pelting down, however I am about 20-25 mins drive from the ground. They do say it's going to clear though.
Mixed emotions here as I really want to see a game, on the other hand I've hammered the draw at prices between 6/1 and up to 11.5.

slippy888

International Captain
After BazBall, this relatively sedate and evenly matched test has been a godsend and would be perfectly topped off by rain leading to a draw. All the players elated because they don’t have to play. That’s real test cricket baby.

Good to see you back on forum Thierry how are you.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
After BazBall, this relatively sedate and evenly matched test has been a godsend and would be perfectly topped off by rain leading to a draw. All the players elated because they don’t have to play. That’s real test cricket baby.
Is this a thing for international players? I know it was at club level after I was 21 (was genuinely upset if it rained before this) but wasn't sure if it extended to Test players.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rain sucks even at the best of times, but here it’s ruined a perfectly poised Test. Urgh.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Rain sucks even at the best of times, but here it’s ruined a perfectly poised Test. Urgh.
Good chance it will clear. Light should be okay until 7pm. Might be something between 50 and 70 overs. Unless NZ collapse badly I'd say draw is most likely, then NZ win, with SL win looking least likely.

The most frustrating thing would be NZ needing to go at 5s/6s and Nicholls playing a gritty 40 off 100 to save his spot and match petering out to a draw.

thierry henry

International Coach
Is this a thing for international players? I know it was at club level after I was 21 (was genuinely upset if it rained before this) but wasn't sure if it extended to Test players.
I like to imagine that no-one wants to play cricket, regardless of what they say. This core belief is central to my understanding and appreciation of the sport (and life in general).

Flem274*

123/5
I like to imagine that no-one wants to play cricket, regardless of what they say. This core belief is central to my understanding and appreciation of the sport (and life in general).
Can confirm my flatmates trudge off to cricket every weekend sooking and the one most irate to be going was an age group player.

thierry henry

International Coach
Can confirm my flatmates trudge off to cricket every weekend sooking and the one most irate to be going was an age group player.
I can’t put into words how frustrating this season has been. Non-stop rain all summer and rain forecast almost every Saturday, but somehow the only game I’ve actually missed due to rain was the day directly after the Auckland floods when all cricket was cancelled (if the blanket cancellation hadn’t been enforced I reckon we would’ve found a way to play somehow). Constantly either playing in drizzle, in boggy conditions, or finishing games 15 minutes before torrential rain sets in. So many lost Saturdays where I could’ve been on the couch or at the pub.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
This was certainly the case in the last 10 years of playing, which seems crazy in hindsight. However, how else are you going to spend a guaranteed 8-16 hrs (depending how far you push the boat out later) with your mates once or twice a week?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can’t put into words how frustrating this season has been. Non-stop rain all summer and rain forecast almost every Saturday, but somehow the only game I’ve actually missed due to rain was the day directly after the Auckland floods when all cricket was cancelled (if the blanket cancellation hadn’t been enforced I reckon we would’ve found a way to play somehow). Constantly either playing in drizzle, in boggy conditions, or finishing games 15 minutes before torrential rain sets in. So many lost Saturdays where I could’ve been on the couch or at the pub.
Seen way too many weekends burned like that. To add insult to injury, if you’re the home team you still pay match fees of $50/player.

Even when it’s pouring through the night the tournament rules are it can’t be cancelled until an hour in the game so you still gotta show up or it’s a forfeit. Very dire.