• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2022/23

thierry henry

International Coach
This was certainly the case in the last 10 years of playing, which seems crazy in hindsight. However, how else are you going to spend a guaranteed 8-16 hrs (depending how far you push the boat out later) with your mates once or twice a week?
Exactly. I generally aim for 16 hours, even though our games don't start until 1pm.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Day 1 of Canterbury-CD in Rangiora called off as well as the interisland women's T20 at Lincoln. Maybe get 30 overs and Macewell can get 130* off 50.

Days of Grace

International Captain
52 overs minimum, apparently. So 52 overs. Just under 5 runs an over. I don't think there is any way Sri Lanka can win this unless New Zealand go at the target recklessly, which I can't see happening.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Sort of situation where having a point of difference in your batting line-up like Phillips can be a real advantage.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Good chance it will clear. Light should be okay until 7pm. Might be something between 50 and 70 overs. Unless NZ collapse badly I'd say draw is most likely, then NZ win, with SL win looking least likely.

The most frustrating thing would be NZ needing to go at 5s/6s and Nicholls playing a gritty 40 off 100 to save his spot and match petering out to a draw.
Minimum of 52 overs
Draw looking most likely

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Do the Kiwis go for it? 5 an over isn’t easy, but it’s definitely manageable and 9 wickets in 52 overs is hard enough that it’s easy to shut up shop if they lose early wickets.

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
Reckon seeing the low bounce might have us in the 'draw' mindset from the get go though. Hard to imagine a result with us already setting up shop last night and SL incapable of bowling 3 balls without staff running on to the ground

Jezroy

State Captain
They already need 5.2…

Will they be able to play under lights, and if so, what’s the cut off time?

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I really don't want Phillips to waste time bowling. He's not going to get good imo and it takes away valuable batting practice.

He's a ****ing gun batsman, just let him bat.
I'd be happy enough with Phillips and Ravindra plus 4 seamers in NZ, or Sodhi plus Pringle OR Santner plus Ashtok and those 2 on a bunsen.