• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah sure I bet you've timed the breaks as well. Also how many overs did Pujara bat - 100 or so?
Well the match referee has timed the breaks so I'm sure he'll have something to say after the match. And I'm sure if he says that the over rate on Day 3 was fine then you'll accept that and move on (though I suspect they'll get pinged for what's gone on since tea today, this has been obviously too slow)

R!TTER

State Regular
If Aus are batting tonight they could feasibly set India 120 in a session. That could actually be pretty spicy
Nope, Oz are only slightly less conservative than India in this regard. Unless India bowls them out this is petering out to a lame draw!

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia have to be aggressive with their batting so this could be a madcap last few sessions imo. Not impossible for some panic to set in either for Australia when they're batting or for India if they're set 200 in 45 overs or something

R!TTER

State Regular
This could be a "blessing" in disguise! But knowing the TM we have they'll probably spread the field out after a couple of boundaries :laugh:

Spark

Global Moderator
Australia have to be aggressive with their batting so this could be a madcap last few sessions imo. Not impossible for some panic to set in either for Australia when they're batting or for India if they're set 200 in 45 overs or something
The only way I can see this happening is Head getting set and playing a blinder; none of the rest will show any ~intent~ at all IMO.

Realistically this is almost certainly going to be a draw; 90 run lead going into the last day just isn't enough to have anything happen

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Realistically this is almost certainly going to be a draw; 90 run lead going into the last day just isn't enough to have anything happen
I mean it's plausible Australia still collapse and give India an easy chase. But would require a severe **** up.

Darwin Award

U19 Cricketer
So Kohli is dismissed on 186... his average drops back down to 48.93

He misses the outright record of scoring a double against 7 test playing nations but does co-share the record of 6 with Kumar Sangakkara.

Spark

Global Moderator
I seem to remember Morne Morkel opening as nightwatchman once against Mitchell Johnson in full flight

Ended as one would expect