• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seems like the emergence of Murphy has made Lyon a little more hungry for his spot. The one good thing to come from this tour is the development of our spin bowling stocks. Also, it may not be ideal, but these four tests are the best practice Australia can get on these pitches. Can only hope against experience our board will give more thought to preparing players for such an important tour.
I'd hesitate to call playing a few tests on dusty martian surfaces that can make even ordinary spinners unplayable "development of spin bowling stocks"

Though Murphy has looked excellent

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I do when so many of the squad hasn't played there before. Get over there and get amongst it.
The wickets they prepped to train on in Sydney might have been closer to what they got than they would have got in any practice games though

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
To be honest, the boards and local associations are the ones bearing the costs here. It'll only happen if they feel like they can milk it for money, which could be possible but who knows with the limited brains up there.
ICC should award those games First Class status so that it can be taken seriously

Sunil1z

International Regular
Well done AUSTRALIA.
BG Trophy continues to live up to reputation of being most competetive series ever . May it long continue.

Last edited:

Sunil1z

International Regular
Not bothered about this loss tbh .
We could have lost against Bangladesh in 2nd Test without Ashwin contribution
We could have also also lost last Test without Axar-Ashwin contribution.
Can’t expect lower order batsmen to do the top order job continuously particularly on these type of wickets .

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pujara gets the same as Lyon's motm award for hitting a big six? Lmao.
Rohit, Jadeja and Kohli should get the anti-spirit of cricket match award for continuously blowing reviews like selfish egomaniacs they are

Starfighter

I'd hesitate to call playing a few tests on dusty martian surfaces that can make even ordinary spinners unplayable "development of spin bowling stocks"

Though Murphy has looked excellent
Kuhnemann has been decent is his (limited) chances for Qld and Murphy clearly displayed considerable potential in his short career.
I don't see the likes of Doherty or Beer doing as well even on these pitches. Note even Axar has not done a whole lot.

Sangha has plenty of potential if he can get fit and Roccochioli is doing surprisingly well for WA. In comparison a few years ago we had hardly anyone averaging under 40.

I'd like to see some proper spinning pitches that demand two spinners in the Shield. The current round is being played on strips that have barely been cut.

Gob

International Coach
Rohit, Jadeja and Kohli should get the anti-spirit of cricket match award for continuously blowing reviews like selfish egomaniacs they are
I believe this money will go straight in to alimony for Nathan

duffer

Ngl, Australia played really well and deserved this but we've had this coming for a looong time with the way our top order bats.

The lower order and our bowling couldn't bail us out this time and it's game ****ing on for the next one. Dunno what pitch they'll prepare for it