• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's a great win after how they played the first two tests and with players going everywhere back and forth. Pitch helped even it out but ended up very comprehensive.

Take a bow Lyon, been superb.

Also, can we please have a couple of practice games when we go on test tours? The decks don't need to be the same, but it gets you used to the light, the atmospherics and even the usual sort of bounce to expect even if they don't play exactly the same as the test decks. It's such poor prep for so important a series.

morgieb

I know responding seriously here probably isn't bright, but honestly this game is about the best I have ever seen Smith as a captain. Low bar itbt though
Oddly I don't remember Smith being that bad of an on-field tactican....I don't think he was that special but he did seem sharper than Paine/Cummins even if those two were much better leaders.

Still no Clarke though and yeah this Test was unusually impressive in terms of tactics.

Burgey

Yeah. It probably gets to him eventually and get burned out

Also think Smith understand these conditions more than Cummins
True to both I think. By the time Cape Town happened he was mentally shot

the big bambino

International Captain
Seems like the emergence of Murphy has made Lyon a little more hungry for his spot. The one good thing to come from this tour is the development of our spin bowling stocks. Also, it may not be ideal, but these four tests are the best practice Australia can get on these pitches. Can only hope against experience our board will give more thought to preparing players for such an important tour.

Burgey

I think ICC should have a rule that every team that tours a country should be entitled to two practice games , one against the best state side of the country and and another against the home teams A side.
They were offered them but knocked them back. Blokes played the BBL instead.

Xix2565

International Regular
I think ICC should have a rule that every team that tours a country should be entitled to two practice games , one against the best state side of the country and and another against the home teams A side.
To be honest, the boards and local associations are the ones bearing the costs here. It'll only happen if they feel like they can milk it for money, which could be possible but who knows with the limited brains up there.