• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Don't think I'm going to be tuning in for the SL series. Can't be bothered. Did I hear Stead say the wtc points are important so sticking to the same team. That's us the one above Bangladesh. 3 overseas series and 3 at home discounting the one vs England that had no wtc points.

Meanwhile following last year's trend of playing games vs the associate sides this year we've signed up to play few t20s in UAE.I thought it'd be best to schedule few more one dayers against proper teams but then they've signed up for more t20s.

I really don't know where's nzc headed.

Attachments

nzfan

They should pick this guy, let's run this **** into the ground.

That guy is an Indian domestic cricketer from the past and a gun coach. He has helped a lot of New Zealand cricketers over the years like Raval, Sodhi, Ajaz Patel and a lot more. Shame he missed out playing for Aces. I don't think they understand you can be quite wristy and score runs in NZ those days.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I’m a cricket tragic obviously, I’ve been posting on a cricket forum for well over 10 years. I hadn’t missed a test match involving New Zealand since 2007. I would stay up and watch one day series played during the night. That’s all done now, he’s absolutely killed my desire to watch this team. We’ve become such a boring, tired and old team I just don’t have the motivation to watch us anymore.

So well done you old prick, you have made one wife out there very happy.
To me - this post is a serious, serious problem for NZC. A few separate people have now commented that the approach taken - be it the selection of Kuggeleijn or the staleness in selection in general - is causing dedicated fans to lose interest. I highly suspect they have no idea of the damage that they're doing to their valuable "brand". They're really treating the dedicated fan with a complete lack of respect. It's gotta change.

nzfan

Surely he didn't say this?!?! ?
He's definitely not coached on what to say to the media. He has a chuckle at people knocking the door, disdain and likely saying **** em I don't care :laugh: His wanting to support through ebbs and flows which is great but what about Guptill, Ajaz, Young, Phillips, Ravindra etc.? He's best not to say some of the things he says and come across clueless. High chances Southee may be influencing some selections but best for Gary not to speak.

Last edited:

The Hutt Rec

To me - this post is a serious, serious problem for NZC. A few separate people have now commented that the approach taken - be it the selection of Kuggeleijn or the staleness in selection in general - is causing dedicated fans to lose interest. I highly suspect they have no idea of the damage that they're doing to their valuable "brand". They're really treating the dedicated fan with a complete lack of respect. It's gotta change.
That's why I've barely been on here since we won the WTC ... the way the team and NZC in general has been run has just seen me lose a lot of interest. Not sure why I logged back in again but I think it was just frustration and wanting to vent, which isn't really an ideal source of engagement.

The Kuggeleijn thing in particular I find sick and I will never support a Blackcaps side with him in it. Every time he's named the NZC socials get the same comments from a lot of people, but they never listen. It's quite sad, I'd say from 2015 to 2019 cricket was actually quite cool for a while. Things like Kuggeleijn, shocking team selections, lack of home games and proper test series, players leaving for t20 leagues, tv coverage being hidden away on a minor streaming platform ... and more things beside, just mean the Blackcaps have fallen a long way out of people's consciousness.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
The Kuggeleijn thing in particular I find sick and I will never support a Blackcaps side with him in it. Every time he's named the NZC socials get the same comments from a lot of people, but they never listen. It's quite sad, I'd say from 2015 to 2019 cricket was actually quite cool for a while. Things like Kuggeleijn, shocking team selections, lack of home games and proper test series, players leaving for t20 leagues, tv coverage being hidden away on a minor streaming platform ... and more things beside, just mean the Blackcaps have fallen a long way out of people's consciousness.
I'm quite disappointed he got a limo ride up mount victoria. all the bowlers have gone down in my estimation for that, even blundell. though I guess in sporting blokey bloke culture they'd just pass it off as someone minor indiscretion and he wasn't found guilty and he's a good bloke hey we have beers so whats the issue :(

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm quite disappointed he got a limo ride up mount victoria. all the bowlers have gone down in my estimation for that, even blundell. though I guess in sporting blokey bloke culture they'd just pass it off as someone minor indiscretion and he wasn't found guilty and he's a good bloke hey we have beers so whats the issue :(
I felt that when he was selected and none of the players seemed at all bothered by it. No comment, no concern, no issues... no ****ing idea.

jcas0167

International Debutant
I felt that when he was selected and none of the players seemed at all bothered by it. No comment, no concern, no issues... no ****ing idea.
It is disappointing although I'm struggling to think of players in team sports expressing concerns about the selection of another player? There are a number of reasons why people might not say anything (in addition to just being clueless). The person with the combination of traits most likely to say something would probably be Neesham.

I think NZC missed a chance to address it at the time. They could have said to SK and the public they respect the verdict, but were really troubled by the case. It's highlighted the need to better support young cricketers with issues off the field around consent and they were partnering with HELP (or similar group) to educate players.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
It is disappointing although I'm struggling to think of players in team sports expressing concerns about the selection of another player? There are a number of reasons why people might not say anything (in addition to just being clueless). The person with the combination of traits most likely to say something would probably be Neesham.

I think NZC missed a chance to address it at the time. They could have said to SK and the public they respect the verdict, but were really troubled by the case. It's highlighted the need to better support young cricketers with issues off the field around consent and they were partnering with HELP (or similar group) to educate players.
I was actually thinking the other day, what would Neesham say about SK. Can't imagine he'd hold him in high esteem