• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
I'm actually not against the occasional rank turner but the batting average for the series is 19.13 which as it stands is the lowest of any series of 3 or more matches since 2000, other than the similarly ridiculous 2016 India vs SA series.

I think its healthy for the the batting average for a series to even out to 30 plus or minus 5 runs. Not necessarily in each match, but across venues.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm actually not against the occasional rank turner but the batting average for the series is 19.13 which as it stands is the lowest of any series of 3 or more matches since 2000, other than the similarly ridiculous 2016 India vs SA series.

I think its healthy for the the batting average for a series to even out to 30 plus or minus 5 runs. Not necessarily in each match, but across venues.
As hard as batting has been I think bad batting is as responsible for that average as the pitches. Aus's batting in the 3rd innings of the 2nd test was abject and the batting at points in this test has also been pretty rank.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Its hard to criticize the Indore curator too much though. They had short notice and maybe they had a different type of track in mind for the Irani Trophy and then had to change all of a sudden for an international.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
As hard as batting has been I think bad batting is as responsible for that average as the pitches. Aus's batting in the 3rd innings of the 2nd test was abject and the batting at points in this test has also been pretty rank.
I think we should be brave enough to play on tracks as they are prepared for Ranji. But I guess it has come to a level where our management thinks our batsmen cant make runs even on flat tracks and would rather chance a track that turns. I dont think the pitches have been unplayable or anything and been perfectly reasonable, all 3, it has just been some bad batting and good bowling and a huge impact of DRS IMO.

Coronis

International Coach
Yeah honestly Kohli should get dropped but once you’ve achieved a certain level of success for a team they basically won’t drop you.

Brook's side

International Regular
Had no idea how bad Kohli's figures have become.

This decade (23 matches, 41 innings).

Average 25.7
Highest score 79

Last edited:

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Assuming Australia do go on to win the test, and it's possible to do so, will India provide a road of a pitch for the final test to ensure the best chance of avoiding defeat.

In the good old days, 500 plays 500 type pitches were not uncommon on the SC.

Socerer 01

International Captain

this hasn’t been close to the 2016 series tbh for pitch hostility, its just India’s batting finally being exposed with the absence of their best batsman and half of Australian batting being spuds

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Nah... with DRS annd T20, defensive batting against spin has gone for a toss, so irrespective of the type of pitch, a draw is really a distant possibility, esp. with both teams batting line up being this weak.

Shreyas, Ishan, Gill and Rohit may make runs for us though. Don't think tail will wag again and Pujara has had his quota for the series. Australia have batted better than they did all series in the first innings, so maybe their quota is done too. ?‍♂

After this loss, expect India to go all in on the spin for the last test -

Rohit, Gill, ChePu, Virat, Jaddu, Shreyas, Ishy Kishy, Ash, H4xar, Cooldeep and Shami.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Its hard to criticize the Indore curator too much though. They had short notice and maybe they had a different type of track in mind for the Irani Trophy and then had to change all of a sudden for an international.
this is perhaps true. didnt someone say something about them using different soil for this pitch than usual?