• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Darwin Award

U19 Cricketer
Hard to like Axar and Jadeja. Both as bowlers are so protected as a species. Like allowing Rhinos, Giraffes, Meerkats and Lions to get a restraining order against Glenn McGrath
If Australia get these runs and make it 2-1 it'll be Axar so far the MAJOR difference due to him being involved in crucial partnerships in both the 1st & 2nd test when India were in trouble.

Yes,India's bowlers have given Australia diarrhea throughout the tour but Axar broke their hearts and turned the series around with the bat.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
if we had kuldeep i would back us to defend this total
You still may if you take three really quickly and panic sets in. Problem is if one bloke gets 30 chasing this sort of target it’s basically done

OverratedSanity

I actually think a 2-2 series would've the perfect result for India long term. Not quite disastrous enough to be a stain on Indian cricket's history, but disastrous enough to ensure some of the passengers finally get binned for good.

Kohli should probably be playing for his spot in the team in the 4th test.

Spark

Global Moderator
You atill
May if you take three really quickly and panic sets in. Problem is if one bloke gets 30 chasing this sort of target it’s basically done
Exactly why I think they should open with Starc with a license to slog as many off the total as possible. He's not making any runs down at #8 anyway, might as well see what you can chip off before the real task begins

If Australia get these runs and make it 2-1 it'll be Axar so far the MAJOR difference due to him being involved in crucial partnerships in both the 1st & 2nd test when India were in trouble.

Yes,India's bowlers have given Australia diarrhea throughout the tour but Axar broke their hearts and turned the series around with the bat.
Yeah it feels like the trash tier tail vs: having three #7s is the real difference between the sides. Otherwise they seem pretty evenly matched.

morgieb

You still may if you take three really quickly and panic sets in. Problem is if one bloke gets 30 chasing this sort of target it’s basically done
Yeah the problem is that there's absolutely zero margin for error here. The wicket is doing enough that India have a glimmer of hope, but they need to play perfectly and hope Australia really choke.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I actually think a 2-2 series would've the perfect result for India long term. Not quite disastrous enough to be a stain on Indian cricket's history, but disastrous enough to ensure some of the passengers finally get binned for good.

Kohli should probably be playing for his spot in the team in the 4th test.
Should probably have been playing for his spot 12 months ago. **** me, people **** on about Kane being a htb and a minnow basher but at least he still gets on the scoreboard some of the time.

OverratedSanity

Yeah the problem is that there's absolutely zero margin for error here. The wicket is doing enough that India have a glimmer of hope, but they need to play perfectly and hope Australia really choke.
Eh if it was 110-120id say India have a small chance. 75 is a miserable target that probably wouldn't be defended on an early 1900s sticky.

Zinzan

Should probably have been playing for his spot 12 months ago. **** me, people **** on about Kane being a htb and a minnow basher but at least he still gets on the scoreboard some of the time.
Lol that's fair.