• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Whether you believe it or not , I want this series to end as 3-1

Aus shouldn’t go home extremely demotivated. And want Aus to atleast draw in Eng . This Bazball should end imo .
Think of it this way. If they get blanked vs India in current series, they will be more motivated to win all tests against England in the Ashes.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Both Good batters and Good bowlers are equally important . Good bowlers win you games . However if you don’t have runs on board , even good bowlers will find it difficult to win you games .
India's bowlers are good batters too anyways. So, just think of the middle order as the lower order and lower order as the middle order.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Think of it this way. If they get blanked vs India in current series, they will be more motivated to win all tests against England in the Ashes.
If they get blanked , they will lose confidence . Confidence is very important in sports .

And moreover I want atleast 2 of the 3 players to be dropped from Indian side . This won’t happen if we win 4-0

Xix2565

International Regular
Both Good batters and Good bowlers are equally important . Good bowlers win you games . However if you don’t have runs on board , even good bowlers will find it difficult to win you games .
Wrong way round. Bowlers are the only ones who can win you games consistently, since you need 20 wickets to win (at a cheaper rate than the opposition bowlers). Smith for all his runs vs India won't change the situation more than the likes of Lyon/Murphy/Kuhnemann stepping up and bowling on par with Ashwin/Jadeja/Axar.

Sunil1z

International Regular
India's bowlers are good batters too anyways. So, just think of the middle order as the lower order and lower order as the middle order.
These bowler won’t bail us out in overseas conditions . I am not talking about winning at home only . To win overseas , top order will have to score runs .

Sunil1z

International Regular
Wrong way round. Bowlers are the only ones who can win you games consistently, since you need 20 wickets to win (at a cheaper rate than the opposition bowlers). Smith for all his runs vs India won't change the situation more than the likes of Lyon/Murphy/Kuhnemann stepping up and bowling on par with Ashwin/Jadeja/Axar.
What cost Aus 2nd Test at Delhi ?
Their batting or Their bowling ?

Xix2565

International Regular
Bowling, they weren't good and controlled enough to get Axar and Ashwin out, then they were batting in the 3rd innings vs Ashwin/Jadeja which is already hard enough for everyone since teams have barely passed 200 in the last few years. Good bowlers means that they can exert more control when bowling and so force more errors that can be punished.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Both.

the back up spinners were always a big worry on this tour but to lose 9 wickets in like 80 minutes or whatever it was is inexcusable on that pitch. I don’t even think India bowled that well second dig, especially Jadeja, but they didn’t have to. They were good, but I think they bowled better in the first test tbh.

That performance by Aus in the second innings was as bad as I’ve seen given the conditions were by no means awful. The pitch is obviously different to what a lot of our guys are used to, but the premeditation on the sweep by everyone was looney tunes stuff. Fmd number 11 out reverse sweeping with a test on the line after watching every other **** out to a sweep shot? Just horrendous stuff. Another 60-80 odd and they likely win, or at least make it very tough for india batting last.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Bowling, they weren't good and controlled enough to get Axar and Ashwin out, then they were batting in the 3rd innings vs Ashwin/Jadeja which is already hard enough for everyone since teams have barely passed 200 in the last few years. Good bowlers means that they can exert more control when bowling and so force more errors that can be punished.
They got India all out for nearly 260 and you are still blaming bowlers .

It is 80% batsmen fault and 20% bowlers .

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Both.

the back up spinners were always a big worry on this tour but to lose 9 wickets in like 80 minutes or whatever it was is inexcusable on that pitch. I don’t even think India bowled that well second dig, especially Jadeja, but they didn’t have to. They were good, but I think they bowled better in the first test tbh.

That performance by Aus in the second innings was as bad as I’ve seen given the conditions were by no means awful. The pitch is obviously different to what a lot of our guys are used to, but the premeditation on the sweep by everyone was looney tunes stuff. Fmd number 11 out reverse sweeping with a test on the line after watching every other **** out to a sweep shot? Just horrendous stuff. Another 60-80 odd and they likely win, or at least make it very tough for india batting last.
Indian bowlers were tripe on Day 2 evening, but they bowled well on the morning of Day 3.

Yes the dismissals look bad when seen in highlights and suggest harakiri but ignores the control and setup that made the batsmen go that route.

Except Carey who is **** and doesn't have any other shot.

Spark

Global Moderator
Smith’s back has not been at its most limber since his Big Bash League exploits. And after a hip problem during the home Tests, he has struggled to stay low with the ball in the slips. More such chances are sure to arrive on Indore's surface.
From Brettig's piece. That certainly explains a lot, but why on earth is he still at slip then? He's missing chances and harming his batting by putting stress on his back.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Indian bowlers were tripe on Day 2 evening, but they bowled well on the morning of Day 3.

Yes the dismissals look bad when seen in highlights and suggest harakiri but ignores the control and setup that made the batsmen go that route.

Have to slightly disagree there . Smith dismissal triggered the collapse . And that shot was completely not needed .

Rest of the batsmen had made up their mind to sweep irrespective of the type of ball .

Spark

Global Moderator
Have to slightly disagree there . Smith dismissal triggered the collapse . And that shot was completely not needed .

Rest of the batsmen had made up their mind to sweep irrespective of the type of ball .
His own words speak for themselves:

"I’ve played 94 Test matches, and I don’t think there’s been too many times I’ve walked off the field and I’ve gone, ‘what the hell am I doing?’” Smith said. “I was pretty angry. There hasn’t been too many times in my career where I’ve actually come off and just been bedazzled by what I’ve done.
“It wasn’t my finest moment. Certainly something to learn from, I’m still learning as well. It wasn’t the way I wanted to play, particularly when I had the field set for all of us actually, they had the field out. We probably just rushed things a little bit and it’s something we’ll talk about.”

Burgey

I’m not talking about highlights. I watched the whole thing. Which tbf didn’t take long.

I said they bowled well, but not 9/50 well or whatever it was.

Burgey

After Smith dismissal, they gave up mentally .
Yeah exactly. Like if India were all over them like the first test, they could barely score a run and got rolled for the same score by epic spells, then fair enough. But that was a capitulation

Xix2565

International Regular
They got India all out for nearly 260 and you are still blaming bowlers .

It is 80% batsmen fault and 20% bowlers .
They let India get to 262 from 139-7 ffs. How is that a serviceable performance by the bowlers? A capitulation with the ball just like what happened later with the bat.

OverratedSanity

They let India get to 262 from 139-7 ffs. How is that a serviceable performance by the bowlers? A capitulation with the ball just like what happened later with the bat.
Ashwin and axar actually had to bat well to do it because Australia's bowling was quite decent .

Our spinners didn't even have to bowl anywhere near their best in the second innings to get those wickets.