• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Todd Murphy also on his way back to Australia after reporting Side Strain
He will missed Indore & Ahmedabad test but m. Starc & Green ready for next 2 test
He's never bowled these kinds of spells ever in his life. Bound to happen and talks about ybe utter chaos that is Aus selection

Gob

International Coach
Cummins' rep taken a hit this tour though. Unfavorable pitches or not, he's been well below the usual standard he maintains even when off-color. He's been loose, he's been one-dimensional, and his lack of confidence in putting himself in the firing line has belied his stature as the best bowler in the world. Sad.
tbf none of these wickets were dead roads. Some of his better spells at SCG and in Pakistan happened after there was sufficient time to scuff the ball and get it to reverse. Innings did not last that long here

Of course there is the whole situation at home as well. Must easily be the most challenging period for him after receiving captaincy

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Frankly I'd rather he didn't and threads were only created when people feel like discussing them, rather than copy-pasting headlines. It's low-grade spam.
But how can he know whether people will discuss or not? Now that he is creating everything, we can discuss the threads we want to and ignore the rest, which will automatically move those threads to the bottom or to the next page.

I vividly remember the time before GSKohli came in when no one created threads for tours other than the premier ones with tests and I was not able to post opinions on a tour though it was halfway through. I do feel this is a better proposition to that.

Spark

Global Moderator
But how can he know whether people will discuss or not? Now that he is creating everything, we can discuss the threads we want to and ignore the rest, which will automatically move those threads to the bottom or to the next page.

I vividly remember the time before GSKohli came in when no one created threads for tours other than the premier ones with tests and I was not able to post opinions on a tour though it was halfway through. I do feel this is a better proposition to that.
FWIW I think most people are with Starfighter on this based on the feedback we've gotten but I want to actually see that discussion play out before I put my foot down and say he has to stop making all those threads.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
The guy is such an obvious troll. Few of them floating around actually but CW seems happy to indulge them. Personally feel they stink up the joint and should be banned outright, harmless or not, but that's just me.

Socerer 01

International Captain
The guy is such an obvious troll. Few of them floating around actually but CW seems happy to indulge them. Personally feel they stink up the joint and should be banned outright, harmless or not, but that's just me.
other places usually have less tolerance for such guys tbf

Shri

Mr. Glass

In India, Cummins was always intending to go home between the second and third Tests to spend time with Maria. The wrenching news about the decision to move into palliative care arrived after the Nagpur match.

Cummins is as resilient as they come, but according to those close to him, he wrestled with the many emotions this brought to bear. Ultimately, Cummins decided that he would remain in India to see the Delhi Test through before making his visit home as planned.
**** cricket he should have just skipped the tour

Socerer 01

International Captain

**** cricket he should have just skipped the tour
now its clear why he didnt bowl in the second innings. agree that he should have been given the full freedom to miss out on whole tour when it was this serious

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Thats really rough. Takes some massive commitment to profession with such a matter hanging in the background of one's mind. Cannot imagine what Cummins went through while deciding to board the plane to India with such grave news in his mind.

Reminded of Siraj who was In a similar situation during the last BGT. Lost his dad in middle of the series but opted to stay on and bowled India to a famous series win at the Gabba.

Daniel CC

School Boy/Girl Captain
Cummins form can be excused given the personal issues. Was brave of him to go out there in the first place, especially as captain.

Hope he's back and firing for the Ashes after this difficult time for his family