• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah and that's what makes it even worse for Aus. Without Pant, Aus had the chance to bowl at one of worst performing indian top order in India, and yet the bowlers promptly shot themselves in the feet by giving up runs to Axar, Shami and Ashwin.
Putting Ashwin and Axar in the same camp as shami feels a bit harsh on then tbh. Ashwin is a #6/#7 in these conditions and Axar would be an above average #8, maybe even a #7 at peak.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I think India should win the series 4-0, but remember that Australia are better than what they showed that last day. They were ahead coming into that day, and if they had scored 120 runs instead of 40 for the last nine wickets - something they have shown they are capable of doing since it just takes one good partnership - that chase would have been closer to 200 and that's a completely different game. India probably still would have won but it would have been touch and go for a while. That defeat was psychological, not simply technique and skill. Australia got into their own heads - I find the defeatist atittude from the Aussie media and fans very satisfying (and reminsicent of Indian fans and media for most of its history) and I love to revel in the schadenfreude, but I think it's not necessarily warranted. Remember that no country really focuses on Test cricket anymore to the degree they once did, so there are situations there to be exploited.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I think India should win the series 4-0, but remember that Australia are better than what they showed that last day. They were ahead coming into that day, and if they had scored 120 runs instead of 40 for the last nine wickets - something they have shown they are capable of doing since it just takes one good partnership - that chase would have been closer to 200 and that's a completely different game. India probably still would have won but it would have been touch and go for a while. That defeat was psychological, not simply technique and skill. Australia got into their own heads - I find the defeatist atittude from the Aussie media and fans very satisfying (and reminsicent of Indian fans and media for most of its history) and I love to revel in the schadenfreude, but I think it's not necessarily warranted. Remember that no country really focuses on Test cricket anymore to the degree they once did, so there are situations there to be exploited.
Ehh, 3 of india's 5 best bat's on current form didn't even face a ball and murphy's bowling load was gonna be heavily reduced due to some kind of injury apparently, we needed another 150+ to have a serious chance.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Ehh, 3 of india's 5 best bat's on current form didn't even face a ball and murphy's bowling load was gonna be heavily reduced due to some kind of injury apparently, we needed another 150+ to have a serious chance.
As I said, India still should have won, but winning while 8 down is a very different scenario. Plus the scoreboard pressure makes people do stupid things.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
As I said, India still should have won, but winning while 8 down is a very different scenario. Plus the scoreboard pressure makes people do stupid things.
Yeah I 100% get where your coming from re-scoreboard pressure, just think Australia needed a ton more to make india feel pressure with murphy limited on overs and kunhemenn getting smashed around bazball style on his debut. Australia where basically relying on cummins and lyon to take all the wickets.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Cummins' rep taken a hit this tour though. Unfavorable pitches or not, he's been well below the usual standard he maintains even when off-color. He's been loose, he's been one-dimensional, and his lack of confidence in putting himself in the firing line has belied his stature as the best bowler in the world. Sad.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Cummins' rep taken a hit this tour though. Unfavorable pitches or not, he's been well below the usual standard he maintains even when off-color. He's been loose, he's been one-dimensional, and his lack of confidence in putting himself in the firing line has belied his stature as the best bowler in the world. Sad.
Yeah I reckon the personal stuff off field doesn’t help

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Todd Murphy also on his way back to Australia after reporting Side Strain
He will missed Indore & Ahmedabad test but m. Starc & Green ready for next 2 test

Socerer 01

International Captain
Please go easy on GS Kohli. I think his problem is he doesn’t know English .
eh i like his insights but they are so rare and 90% of time it is just plagiarism from somewhere. would rather he posts more of what he thinks and feels than copy pasting

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah that's what's really stuck out. Was so surprised how little confidence he seemed to have in his own bowling in the previous test. He would've been a better wicket taking threat early in the innings than Kuhnemann imo but he didn't seem to think so.