• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Shri

Mr. Glass
Can I just say that this all feels earily similiar to india's position in the last border gavaskar?
no

they collapsed twice and have already missed chance to win series

now no captain

morale will be low and it will be a monumental task to avoid 4-0

Gob

International Coach
Green has declared himself fit, not 100% on starc.

Can I just say that this all feels earily similiar to india's position in the last border gavaskar? Captain goes home, huge batting collapse costs the team a dominant position after a lower order cameo reduces a dominant lead to a small one. Not saying Australia are going to go 2-2 from here but it's funny.
Well the series is gone so I'd say no

Got to feel for Pat

srbhkshk

International Captain
Green has declared himself fit, not 100% on starc.

Can I just say that this all feels earily similiar to india's position in the last border gavaskar? Captain goes home, huge batting collapse costs the team a dominant position after a lower order cameo reduces a dominant lead to a small one. Not saying Australia are going to go 2-2 from here but it's funny.
On surface level yeah, but India were 1-1 by then and apart from a collapse for the ages weren't actually looking inept against Australian bowling. Now Australia could still win a test because our batting is terrible anyway, but it doesn't really feel the same to me.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can I just say that this all feels earily similiar to india's position in the last border gavaskar?
no

they collapsed twice and have already missed chance to win series

now no captain
Yeah Shri, that doesn't sound like India's tour down under at all.

Not that they'll actually do anything remotely similar. They need Smith and Labu to score two hundreds each in both remaining games and win the toss on a pitch that wears down dramatically and hope Carey's reverse sweep memery somehow flukes something. The rest of the team bar 2-3 players are garbage. Cummins seemed to think he himself was useless with the ball anyway so he wont be a loss.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
They have Steve Smith
He drops a lot though
On surface level yeah, but India were 1-1 by then and apart from a collapse for the ages weren't actually looking inept against Australian bowling. Now Australia could still win a test because our batting is terrible anyway, but it doesn't really feel the same to me.
Exactly. India were the dominant team and most likely to retain BGT even going into Sydney test.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Agar getting released now is almost getting to the previous BG proportions in terms of injuries/releases.

Players missing tests for India in BG 2021: Agarwal, Rahul, Rohit, Kohli, Vihari, Ashwin, Jadeja, Shami, Umesh, Bumrah
Players missing tests for Australia in BG 2023: Warner, Green, Agar, Starc, Hazlewood

BG 2021 leads by 5 at the moment.
Players missing tests for India in BG 2021: Agarwal, Rahul, Rohit, Kohli, Vihari, Ashwin, Jadeja, Shami, Umesh, Bumrah, Ishant
Players missing tests for Australia in BG 2023: Warner, Green, Agar, Starc, Hazlewood, Cummins

Bg 2021 still leads by 5 as I missed Ishant last time.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Players missing tests for India in BG 2021: Agarwal, Rahul, Rohit, Kohli, Vihari, Ashwin, Jadeja, Shami, Umesh, Bumrah, Ishant
Players missing tests for Australia in BG 2023: Warner, Green, Agar, Starc, Hazlewood, Cummins

Bg 2021 still leads by 5 as I missed Ishant last time.
we got Rohit and Agarwal back by the time of 3rd test didn’t we

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
I wonder why Davey included in ODI team when he has Elbow injury & he & Agar already return back to Australia?

I noticed their name in Aus ODI team.