• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in NZ 2023

Howe_zat

Audio File
Could easily see England 50/5 first innings between rain breaks with Southee and Henry moving it around. They've obviously got the right new ball skills and our top order is full of glass cannons.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Odd time for me to watch 3.30 am in india by 10.30 or 10.40 am ends of 90 overs
These hours are alright I reckon. Just means getting up early to watch 2 sessions out of 3.

The games that start at midnight are the shockers - already too late when it starts, and barely worth getting up for. If the game is good enough it's an all nighter.

Molehill

International Captain
These hours are alright I reckon. Just means getting up early to watch 2 sessions out of 3.

The games that start at midnight are the shockers - already too late when it starts, and barely worth getting up for. If the game is good enough it's an all nighter.
Hoping that a few rain delays mean they start 30 mins earlier on Days 2-5, that's 9.30pm in the UK and a reasonable amount can be watched.

Agreed, Ashes midnight starts are killers. Fortunately, England are normally dead and buried after 2 Tests so I can kind of ignore the final 3.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Harry Brook comes into the Test off the back of three consecutive Player-of-the-Match awards. The last time he didn't win the accolade, at Rawalpindi in December, he still contributed scores of 153 and 87.

Stoke's has now overseen ten Test wins in the space of 12 matches in charge (including a one-off role as stand-in in 2020), the equal joint-fastest to double figures, alongside Australia's Lindsay Hassett. One more win will draw him level with Len Hutton's haul of 11 wins in 23 Tests.

theegyptian

Harry Brook comes into the Test off the back of three consecutive Player-of-the-Match awards. The last time he didn't win the accolade, at Rawalpindi in December, he still contributed scores of 153 and 87.

Stoke's has now overseen ten Test wins in the space of 12 matches in charge (including a one-off role as stand-in in 2020), the equal joint-fastest to double figures, alongside Australia's Lindsay Hassett. One more win will draw him level with Len Hutton's haul of 11 wins in 23 Tests.
Yes Brook should have won mom for that Rawalpindi test imo- probably more justified than at least 1 of the mom's he's won since.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Between this and the Green post I'm fairly sure this guy is just waiting to try and squeeze in any gags he's seen on reddit/twitter.
Its clearly just a bait account. Was funny at first even as an Aussie but starting to get a bit old.

Michelle Fivefer

U19 Cricketer

For matches televised overnight I might watch an hour or two and record the play occurring after I’ve gone to bed. And hope to avoid accidentally hearing the score. As in the above post, can stay up if the play is too gripping to leave.

nzfan

Super excited for the test match... Our best chance is at Basin. We haven't dropped a game at Basin for a very long time. If England can get one over us in this test match then I will believe they are the best team around marginally ahead of India. I'd say 70:30 to us this test match. This is our fort.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Super excited for the test match... Our best chance is at Basin. We haven't dropped a game at Basin for a very long time. If England can get one over us in this test match then I will believe they are the best team around marginally ahead of India. I'd say 70:30 to us this test match. This is our fort.
I reckon wait a few months mate, if they can win the Ashes then I'm more than happy to say they're top 2.

And wowee, if you want to open a bookies, I reckon more than a few people will take your odds. If it doesn't rain, I reckon they win 8-9 out of 10 and we might sneak one or two. I'm not sure how though, given they are better than us everywhere from 1-11 apart from WK.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I reckon wait a few months mate, if they can win the Ashes then I'm more than happy to say they're top 2.

And wowee, if you want to open a bookies, I reckon more than a few people will take your odds. If it doesn't rain, I reckon they win 8-9 out of 10 and we might sneak one or two. I'm not sure how though, given they are better than us everywhere from 1-11 apart from WK.
Apologise to Conway immediately.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
We haven't played at the Basin since 2020. From 2017 (when we last to SA there thanks to Maharaj) -2020 we had really good teams with excellent bowling. Unless we win the toss and knock them over cheaply, I can't see a path to victory.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Despite Latham's issues against the new ball and Williamson's elbow, all of our top 3 are better than theirs.
On paper
Latham v Crawley
Conway v Duckett
KW v Pope
should be 3-0 NZ

7-4 England
I'd pick Southee in a combined team too but that's not quite what he said so fair enough not counting him (he's not as good as Anderson who is his obvious comparison player).