• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in NZ 2023

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
First job done, win toss and bowl first but can't believe we are going with 3 full time seamers just to give Nicholls another test match. Our guys will never learn. Happy for Young.

Hope England doesn't declare without facing a ball to use the strip to bowl haha

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Every time... win toss bowl first, bowl opponent cheaply. The pitch gets really good to bat on day 3 and onwards. Always spongy bounce, doesn't come on to the bat. Like I said average medium pacers look like Malcolm Marshall on day 1 and 2
Yeah bad version of Ishant Sharma destroyed us in the 1st innings of the BMac 300 and then the SL seamers (Lakmal and Pradeep??) did the next year before a monster KW-Watling partnership led to a NZ comeback win.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
First job done, win toss and bowl first but can't believe we are going with 3 full time seamers just to give Nicholls another test match. Our guys will never learn. Happy for Young.

Hope England doesn't declare without facing a ball to use the strip to bowl haha
This type of thing has happened a few times, where instead of being decisive and dropping an underperforming player, they select their replacement alongside them and it becomes a shootout to retain the spot. Young has to make a score here while Nicholls doesn't. If not they'll retain Nicholls forever.

Blain

U19 Captain
3 bowlers? Wow we really needed to win that toss, thankfully we did.

What's the bet Nicholls will score a scratchy 70 odd and buy himself another 5 tests, which for us is an entire year.

nzfan

This type of thing has happened a few times, where instead of being decisive and dropping an underperforming player, they select their replacement alongside them and it becomes a shootout to retain the spot. Young has to make a score here while Nicholls doesn't. If not they'll retain Nicholls forever.
They're fixated to keep Nicholls till he retires I guess. Highly likely they'll make him the captain too. I can't put that past Larsen and Stead.

nzfan

Technically we're saying we are **** at batting so we will have lot of batting cover but we have very good bowling attack in Southee, Henry, Kuggs and Bracewell... In my opinion if 6 batsmen can't do the job then 7th won't do much either.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
We can fully expect Nicholls to score a match-defining 80 in which he gets dropped 5 times now.

nzfan

3 bowlers? Wow we really needed to win that toss, thankfully we did.

What's the bet Nicholls will score a scratchy 70 odd and buy himself another 5 tests, which for us is an entire year.
I expect 100% for Nicholls to come good.. If you are playing for a year you're bound to score a fifty here and there. Every domestic player is capable of that.